Davenport show...

GoldenMotor.com

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Is anyone from the Midwest going to this event today? I think Mr. B attends almost every year. I'm very fortunate this year because I just happen to be in town visiting my father so he and I will be attending. If anybody recognizes me please introduce yourself, I'd love to meet some of you in person. I'll be sure to post some photos and videos too.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
There is a building west of the racetrack grandstands where they display contest bikes inside. I could meet you there at 12:30, I’ll have my Excalibur ’09 bike and will park it in front. I hope you see this message as I don’t have a mobile phone.

-Kirk

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Awesome. I'm not sure when we will get there but I will try and mee you there at that time. I will be wearing a grayish white shirt with the "hand built motorcycle show" logo on it and black shorts, and maybe a black and brown hat with the bill flipped up. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you and the Excalibur.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Lurker, Sorry I missed you!

I thought it was a good show this year and I hope you enjoyed it. 'Twas the best weather I've ever seen there, it's usually too hot/humid or too rainy.

It took 4 hours to walk through just once and I have nearly 130 photos to download on Imgur. I'll post them here tomorrow...

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Sorry I missed you too, Mr. B. I see you heading out of the event but I was watching the race so even if I shouted for you I doubt you would have heard me. I must say your bike looks spectacular in person. You need to upload more pic of that thing, it's a real work of art.

I agree it was a awesome event. I even got to meet the guys from Barber Cycle. They flew all the way from Japan to pick up a few rare parts. If anyone on the forums has the opportunity to go to this event take it you will not be disappointed.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Here’s some pics for 2016…

http://imgur.com/a/uzvml

And a little video of Jersey Jon kick starting his Thor Cannonball Rally bike. Sorry my ancient camera doesn’t have sound, but it was awesome- Like firecrackers in a tin lunchbox!

https://youtu.be/o9vhe3XOAjE

The show continues through today, but venders usually start packing up after lunch. I think I’ll wait for next year. I kept telling myself I'll build a few bikes and set up as a vender, but it never seems to happen! Ha!

-Kirk

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Mr. B,

Thank you very much for all those lovely pictures. I entered a dream-like state after beginning to scroll through all those vintage parts. I did not know that there was still that amount of parts left in existence.

I was snapped out of my revelry of hopes and dreams when I saw the price tag on the 1911 Harley Davidson for $39,000!!! I guess that's why I built a home-made bike, I will ever have that kind of cash.

Your bike must pass for vintage with a lot of the attendees, it looks very authentic and period correct. I have always admired your excelsior very much.

Thanks again,

Gilbert

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Anybody going to Davenport this year?

I'll be there all day tomorrow with my friend Bicycle Bill and his newly completely completed (re-completed) amazing 2-speed belt drive motored bike. Camera is charged, so hopefully i'll have a big batch of pics to share...

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Whoppe ! More pictures, take some of Bills two speed? Be nice to see what changes he made. Maybe next year...........Curt

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I wish the old fella and I could have made it this year. If I'd been feeling as good in June as I feel now we would have made it. Next year with luck. Looking forward to the photo's as always.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Absolutely a goal for next year for certain. Trouble the past few years has been that some questionable, low bred, scoundrel has moved the goal and it takes for ever to find it again. We'll beat him at his own game next year.
The three of us will be there.

Steve.

Reactions: indian22 and Mr.B.