Stuck Like Chuck on my 4 Stroke Huasheng 49cc

GoldenMotor.com

Shady760

Apr 18, 2016
San Diego CA
Hey guys,
Hopefully someone will be able to assist me with this issue. I recently purchased my first 4 stroke Huasheng 49cc T-Belt Drive Beach Cruiser ran fine for the first couple days, I traveled roughly 20 miles and it was running finally turned it off went into the post office then had a **** of a time getting it started again. Finally got it started after peddling a 1/2 mile down the road.

Then me not being so mechanically inclined decided well it's probably my carb is full of gunk, took off the carb sprayed some carb cleaner through the hoses saw some black gunk come out, so sprayed again, couldn't get the bolt to the float off though. Put everything back together same way I took it off, went to start and it was reving high, then noticed gas was spitting out the muffler like a mist, then saw it was leaking gas. Turned it off re tightened everything down to have the same issue. I ordered a new carb online, which waiting for should be here tomorrow hopefully, well in the garage tonight trying to fix my 2 stroke I decided to see if I could get the 4 stroke started, Got it going briefly like a min then it would just die, it would stay running then saw gas was leaking again....I'm puzzled on this, any advice would be awesome!

Thanks,
Chris

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
The float on the carb is getting stuck open. Try tapping on the bowl first. Hit it good with the handle of a screwdriver. If that doesn't fix it, you may need to disassemble it again. Either the needle is bound, or the float needs to be adjusted.

Shady760

Apr 18, 2016
San Diego CA
Thanks I finally got it fixed, I replaced the float ball and seemed to work, runs better than it did before. Now I got to get the 2 stroke running right when I hold in the clutch it's revving really high so I'm going to mess with the needle and put some Teflon tape around the carb.

Shady760

Apr 18, 2016
San Diego CA
Hey Agreen I'm going at it tomorrow with the bike, I will definitely check the idle screw. Will keep you posted on the results, hopefully it's simple! :)

Shady760

Apr 18, 2016
San Diego CA
Got the 2 stroke running good again, the needle was stuck, so a little rearranging and boom it was back to normal. Now off to my newest project to see and hope the 4 stroke motor I bought fits into it. Thanks for the help!