79cc predator pulse fuel pump

GoldenMotor.com

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
I know most may not use a pulse fuel pump as gravity probably works for many. But, my build is not a regular bicycle design and is totally custom. My petcock where my tank is, may wind up level or a tad lower or higher than the carb inlet. It concerns me a little bit and I might just opt for a pulse pump.

Question: Are the 212 pulsepumps too powerful for the 79 cc running a pz19 carburetor? Or, do you all think the 79 cc may not create enough air to run the 212 rated pulse pump? They have some others that are advertised to work on 50-200 cc but I like the one that they sell for predator 212 predators with the aluminum casing. It just doesnt say what range of engines they could be for. (Im talking the rectangle Mikuni clone pumps). I just dont know if its going to be a problem and maybe you guys may know. Please give feedback. Thanks.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Any of the fuel pumps will work just fine as the pulse is only as powerful as the engine puts out. I run mine off the intake between the carb and the head.

Last edited:

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
Any of the fuel pumps will work just fine as the pulse is only as powerful as the engine puts out. I run mine off the intake between the carb and the head.

Really? Thats new to me. You said you get your air pulse from the intake manifold..? Awesome. I dont see how that can work. Can you comment on this further? Is your intake short? Does that matter as mine is like a six inch bend? Ive always thought the pulse is pressure from the inside areas of the engine only vs one direction flow of air going in throuh the manifold. thats great. I wonder if mine would work that way. thanks again.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Really? Thats new to me. You said you get your air pulse from the intake manifold..? Awesome. I dont see how that can work. Can you comment on this further? Is your intake short? Does that matter as mine is like a six inch bend? Ive always thought the pulse is pressure from the inside areas of the engine only vs one direction flow of air going in throuh the manifold. thats great. I wonder if mine would work that way. thanks again.
My intake is fairly long and you can see the air/fuel vapor pulsing to the pump, rather than an oily mess coming from the crank case.

Reactions: chainmaker