Felt MP smoothie

GoldenMotor.com

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
there you were in the chat box, Labrat cracks me up.
I was going to post earlier in here about your endevourous ride, but i'm tring to read up on a tranni for mine.
so do you have another build in mind?
ever see Steamboy the movie?

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
ive always got more builds in the works lol, look up my other threads for the chopper and stuff....working on a push trailer and a friction drive freeradical type longtail addition

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
Wooohoooo....the MP will finally have a climbing gear....currently the bike hits high 40's in second gear lol....fast..but not very useful(running out of pedal at 1/3 motor rpm...not so bueno). I ordered a 9/48 tooth pedal side and a 21 motor side for the jackshaft, and a white industry's eno heavy duty freewheel for the crank....wheely city here I come

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
So the gearing wasnt working out so well, and my forward freewheel.....well it sucked. So i ordered a few things from sbp and now ive got a ton of available torque compared to what i had before ...9 tooth output, 21 tooth input to a 48 on the white industries forward freewheel. Back into the legal 3omph range in third gear now. Ive had the typical headaches with my bushing on the 4g as everyone else so i got froggy on my day off and went to town on my output shaft to do the bearing conversion. Huge thank you to cobrafreak for posting the mod! Bike now idles consistently for more then 10-15 min after i oil the bushing lol.

Attachments

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
So the gearing wasnt working out so well..
So i ordered a few things from sbp and now ive got a ton of available torque compared to what i had before ...
I use SBP shifting parts as well, good freewheel crank stuff.
I don't need the rest of the kit parts though, I have new design.

Ive had the typical headaches with my bushing on the 4g as everyone else so i got froggy on my day off and went to town on my output shaft to do the bearing conversion.
Been there, tried that, didn't last.
I don't buy the long 5/8" engines anymore, I buy the short tapered clutch attached engines.

Then I use the 4G 5:1 100T Freewheel version with the isolated clutch on a dual bearing shaft.

And then I bypass the **** kit and take it to new level with a custom longer output shaft on the 4G, making it what I call a 10G.

Between the isolated clutch bell and freewheel output shaft, you can pedal it with engine off virtually drag free.

It all starts with the right engine and transfer case a base, which means the short clutch attached HS 142-144 -1G engine and appropriate 100T freewheel 4G.

Just a tip for those looking to go 4-stroke.
The the bell on the engines output shaft has and and will suck.http://motorbicycling.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/