Your longest motorized bicycle distance ride trip in one day? Two days?....

GoldenMotor.com

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
This might be my last burst of curiosity for a while. I wanted to call this "The long ride out of Eden" but opted out for simple . Anyhooo. what was your personal "Long run"? I am wondering what motors would suit this purpose best 2 or 4 cycle engine? Full suspension recumbent tadpole... ? Watcha think? What would you bring with you on the trip? Spare carb or kit? I want to make a 800 MI round trip. 50 or 49 cc is the largest legal motor I believe here in Indiana/Illinois.. Please correct me if I am wrong. I
also wonder if two 49cc motors are legal?
I would not want to be stuck on a china motor in a small town as parts might be scarce. I have rode pedaling from Boston to Saratoga Springs NY on 90 degree days through MA and VT I think. It was nice.. If I can do 200 miles in a day and a half then I can do something with assist. I currently ride 10 miles a day towing loads around. Share your experience if you will.. Thanks folks.. I will share some funny pictures of my freak bikes and ideas when the house thaws some. I save $$ for this and skip the gas bill spending.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Re: Your longest MB distance ride trip in one day? Two days?....

Longest was 1000miles in 24 hours on the iron butt run,on a harley duce,would never try on motorbike.TOO OLD,too make a 100 mile trip NOW.
I did Chicago to Austin with a MT. Bike and tent strapped to the back of a KZ 400's sissy bar... Took 36 hours and lots of those truck stop caffeine pills. I got my teeth pulled and stayed with a friend there. I have also rode an 11 day trip following a friends band when I was 21 from chi to milw to Cleveland to Akron to Pitts and Philly to NYC then to Montreal then to Toronto and buffalo then home on a KZ250 or something. I figure I must have 30-40k on Nippon bikes. No good mill job or hook ups to afford a harley. If everyone bought Harley's instead of all this other stuff (myself included) we might have an economy.

Ok time to get off the soap box.. Goodnight/day all.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi

I did Chicago to Austin with a MT. Bike and tent strapped to the back of a KZ 400's sissy bar... Took 36 hours and lots of those truck stop caffeine pills. I got my teeth pulled and stayed with a friend there. I have also rode an 11 day trip following a friends band when I was 21 from chi to milw to Cleveland to Akron to Pitts and Philly to NYC then to Montreal then to Toronto and buffalo then home on a KZ250 or something. I figure I must have 30-40k on Nippon bikes. No good mill job or hook ups to afford a harley. If everyone bought Harley's instead of all this other stuff (myself included) we might have an economy.

Ok time to get off the soap box.. Goodnight/day all.
There is nothing wrong with the japanese bikes,their fuel systems,electronics etc. are far better than any harley i have ever owned.I just cant see buying from some country that brought us pearl harbor.HARLEYS DAD

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA

There is nothing wrong with the japanese bikes,their fuel systems,electronics etc. are far better than any harley i have ever owned.I just cant see buying from some country that brought us pearl harbor.HARLEYS DAD
It's all about the Buck's. I forgot the line where it said Harleys were made better? Both are inferior to the BMW's. We are both von-trumped there. They last like the 1,000,000 mile Volvo fleets last in bike years. I like Japan and think we should all sit and read Anime instead of adhering to the wisdom of the past with a dash of technology. Japan is awesome.. Relax.. Mishima was interesting. Hirakami I think the author is.. Ever read him? Pizzicato 5 and many others I have even met in my life. Loudness!
I still have the KZ 400 and want to get a ZL 1000 eliminator. Good bikes.. I like the old kick and electric start bikes from the 70's not these new computerized ones that will fail if you run a microwave oven next to it (same with cars).. Google EMP and electronic ignition. MB's will always run. I also believe in the right to free speech and freedom to choose my products. Anything else is dictatorship (don't worry folks we are almost there).

I will never hate my country because of other people's actions before me. Thanks for the forgiveness of Hiroshima? Both our economies are tanking like lovers holding hands.

Today in the news there was a lady that owned a chimpanzee. It was famous and made TV commercials and walked around town by itself. Today the trusted animal chewed her friends hands off. Only in America!

Cheers

.flg.

Last edited:

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA

I've done over 100 miles in a day. Rode all day long and into the night.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

I have ridden 70 miles on a China bike, no problems. Could have done more, but I was tired, not the bike.

I have ridden several 16 hour days on my Suzuki (Volusia "cruiser", yes, I am crazy), not sure of the mileage...900++?

knucklepanshovel

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia

well on a motored bike in my youth aprox 75 miles it was a chicken power.

on a moped 250 mile days. I rode around 200,000 moped miles in my life

on a Harley a little over 850 miles 1 way with a 12:1 compression race inspired motor with ape hangers it was my touring bike until I blew engine up but Harleys have gave me better service than jap bikes overall a fluke I know, but a weird truth for me.

I am planning to do a Blue Ridge Parkway ride sometime this year by motor bike when I get one ready I plan to leave home & catch the parkway & ride north till the end at Front Royal Virginia, to the opposite end at Cherokee North Carolina I have never rode the whole distance but live 20 or so miles from an entrance to the Parkway & have rode maybe 100 miles either direction before

The Parkway is 469 miles of backroads no stop lights no comercial vehicles except from side roads to a business or to help people broke down or accidents, & short detours off can get you to all conviences of cities at many stopping places & to hike some of the trails or bike & to check out waterfalls.

so I guess that means I am planning a round trip of 938 miles not counting detours & the 50 miles round trip from house to parkway.

.rd.

Thanks,
Randy

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi

Randy When the trail of tears ride comes to nc go on it.If you have never been on that ride,it is fun fun fun.There was bikes on all 3 lanes 27 miles long.HARLEYS DAD

schwallyjdog

Feb 11, 2009
Bellevue Ohio

I ride to work and it is twelve miles each way but I want to ride to my parents this year and that is over fifty miles. I am just trying to find a good route off of all the larger roads. I am also tuning it up over this winter. Thanks to this site I know a few good upgrades. Good luck on your journey and I look forward to seeing what bike and engine you pick.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA

Randy When the trail of tears ride comes to nc go on it.If you have never been on that ride,it is fun fun fun.There was bikes on all 3 lanes 27 miles long.HARLEYS DAD
Are MB's doing that yet? Organized rides sound like fun! I was riding on solid ice today for 5 miles. It all melted for the trip home. Is there a directory that you know of for long distance rides in anywhere in the world? I suppose we might be accepted at moped runs with dirty looks unless it is a REAL PED_MO a moped with PEDALS! I have 2 of these and like them. Thinking about converting engines to power bike somehow..

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA

I ride to work and it is twelve miles each way but I want to ride to my parents this year and that is over fifty miles. I am just trying to find a good route off of all the larger roads. I am also tuning it up over this winter. Thanks to this site I know a few good upgrades. Good luck on your journey and I look forward to seeing what bike and engine you pick.
Consider mounting a mirror a headlight and get the 4 AM start and you should be there by 7 @ 20+ MPH I used to wake at 5 and MT Bike the trail of tears national forest for a couple hours when I was feeling frisky.

Early bird gets to live.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi

OK,hears the deal,if anyone wants to have a mb rally in the home of the blues(google clarksdale ms.)i will put i together.This town is world famous because of the sunflower blues fest.Morgan Freeman,Robert johnson,zz top.BB King,Charlie Musselwhite.etc.Oyea,THE SHACKUP INN. HARLEYS DAD

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio

I would sign up for that if there were sponsors.. Kinda fun I think. It's been done by road bicyclists many times.
Ya a guy recently road a wheelie across the country.. That... would suck..

.wee.