Dont you just love it when a seller.....

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Dont you just love it when a seller on ebay claims to have the best engines available and says after running all the others he has decide to sell only one type because these are the only ones that will hold up, and then you look at his photos he attached to his add and what do you notice that is wrong in these pix....

I know it may seems I'm just being a critical jerk here, but come on if you cant even get the simple things right.......!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bicycle-eng...rg=20140407115239&rk=3&rkt=30&sd=191266428606

laff

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
The head is on sideways, yeah it will run but it cant cool as weel as it should since the air cant pass through the fins while the bike is move about.

Yeah the 130 mpg si a stretch i think also...LOL

And yes its a good idea to run a fuel filter since many of these fuel tanks have some crud in them.

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
Aside from the head on wrong, lol. What kind of moron decides that someone elses product is so good that they claim it? Guy is probably not even Mexican, all kinds of fail here.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
...and the clutch cable heat guard spring.
He not only left the lame small spring on, but put the heat guard spring over it!.
And don't get me started on the Huffy bike and his cable/wiring work.

It may well be a fine engine but that certainly is someone that would not know the difference hehe ;-}

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
...and the clutch cable heat guard spring.
He not only left the lame small spring on, but put the heat guard spring over it!.
And don't get me started on the Huffy bike and his cable/wiring work.

It may well be a fine engine but that certainly is someone that would not know the difference hehe ;-}
Personally I have no issue with the Huffy bike since I've had such good service from mine with some mods of coarse..

But the other things you mentioned here are other issues I see also.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Very sloppy presentation bike... and I can only imagine how tight that clutch is to pull... but that sideways head really takes first place in the "epic Fail" competition...

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Maybe it makes more power because the spark plug is pointing at one of the transfers... and that decal on the clutch cover makes me really believe this is a genuing Meximoto engine.... And no fuel filter so there's no restriction in the fuel flow, it's gotta be better quality than the Chines made ones... laff

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Isn't that for heavy cross-wind compensation? Here in Okie-land, it would be perfect for East-West/West-East travels ----- the wind from the South is generally blowing faster than my forward travels

Reactions: mapbike

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Isn't that for heavy cross-wind compensation? Here in Okie-land, it would be perfect for East-West/West-East travels ----- the wind from the South is generally blowing faster than my forward travels
you do realize that Texas women are to blame dont you, we have a bunch of them here that are big loud talkers and y'all get all that wind up ther from it....lol..!

seriously we know that feeling around central and west Texas, not mucharound here to slow those winds down.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I can never find Waldo! LOL.

Not really the topic but that bike needs front brakes and fender reinforcements.

Chances are he or she reads this forum and also don't wanna come across as unkind and just sayin' And is a pretty build. Just needs some touch ups.

I honestly did not see the head. LOL! Some thing I would do.

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
If your going to sell motors, you should at least know what your selling and how they work

Last edited by a moderator:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If that seller is a member here, he should know better. If not a member it certainly appears he should join. It makes me mad when I see stuff like that which doesn't do our hobby any favors. We try hard to promote good building practice and to see something of that quality offered for sale goes against the grain. Sad, very very sad. Especially when I consider the poor unsuspecting buyer dealing with the results and his opinion of motorized bicycles based on his experience with them after his purchase.

Tom

Reactions: mapbike