How to take payment?

GoldenMotor.com

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Sorry if I'm missing an obvious thread on this, couldn't find one searching. How're you guys that aren't serious vendors doing your payments when you sell something here? I've got a few random bits I'd like to sell but years ago I had myself blocked permanently from Paypal after my account there got breached years ago. I can only use it as a "guest" to make payments. What's the best alternative to take a payment? I'd be mainly doing just a few relatively small transactions.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
I had an old PayPal account blocked years ago, I tried getting it unblocked but to no avail. I opened a new account with a different email address.

apex

Aug 27, 2013
indy
Paypal.

They may be the devil, but its the most popular way to purchase online.

If you offer a product, but don't accept PayPal, and somebody else offers similar product but accepts paypal, Who do you think will get the lions share of orders?

People like what they know. When it comes to hard earned cash, people are not going to try a new way to pay out for a promised product.

You can offer other forms of payment, but you must offer paypal. Otherwise yourjust shooting yourself in the foot.

Best wishes on your endevor. :)

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Paypal is the step child of Evil bay! If you are.a.seller PayPal is the enemy. Quick story sold some vintage.pocket knives.with tons of pictures and described the items as old and rusty.Lady bought the.4 days later I get the PayPal be about customer not satisfied. So I contacted her she wanted her .money back I said nope .The. PayPal sent a hold on my account message.So I call the lady who spe t 6 bucks and free shipping on the knifes. what do you want t she said a refund of3 bricks would work. Are you freekin kiding....2 weeks later I was able to use my PayPal money. They froze the entire account. So I tapped out o. PayPal and EBay....I only do Postal Money orders and Craigslist.

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Yeah, I'm not looking to go into business, just sell off a couple extras I have, so I'm not at all interested in using paypal. I requested to be blocked from them after my account was breached. Years ago I was hit with some big ID theft, and that was the worst account to deal with, on Christmas eve no less. I'm happy to pay through them for credit card stuff, but it's not worth the headache and risk of having it hooked up to my actual bank accounts.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Paypal is the step child of Evil bay! If you are.a.seller PayPal is the enemy. Quick story sold some vintage.pocket knives.with tons of pictures and described the items as old and rusty.Lady bought the.4 days later I get the PayPal be about customer not satisfied. So I contacted her she wanted her .money back I said nope .The. PayPal sent a hold on my account message.So I call the lady who spe t 6 bucks and free shipping on the knifes. what do you want t she said a refund of3 bricks would work. Are you freekin kiding....2 weeks later I was able to use my PayPal money. They froze the entire account. So I tapped out o. PayPal and EBay....I only do Postal Money orders and Craigslist.
Same thing happened to me a few years back when I sold an ignition module on ebay and took a paypal payment, i'm thinking everything's cool and a month later the buyer contacts me telling me the module I sent didn't fix his bike and he wants his money back, I told him that the sale was final and because it was an electrical part, there was no refund, I even explained it in my original listing. The guy then gets ugly with me telling me the part didn't work- even tho I tested it on my bike before listing it, and right before shipping it out. Next thing I know ebay has opened up a case against me because I didn't give this guy his money back so I contacted ebay and explained the conditions of the sale, the fact that he waited nearly 5 weeks before asking for a refund, and explained that nobody gives refunds on electrical parts, not even new electrical parts are refundable and anybody who ever bought an electrical part from any parts store knows this. I also sent them copies of the emails where he was trying to tell me he didn't want me to refund the money but he wanted a refund from ebay and paypal to help let them know he was scamming us, so what does ebay do? ... yup... they froze my paypal account during this whole process, then they took the $150 the module sold for right out of my account and automatically took this guy's side. It was like not even 5 minutes after sending them my reply and reasons for not refunding the money and it instantly took the money out of my account that fast so there's no way anyone could have read my reply before acting, it's automated the second you tell ebay you won't refund. They could care less about the seller who's getting screwed but will freeze your account and hand over Your money just because a customer all the sudden decides he don't need something.... and to top it off, when I get the part back, I put it on my bike and it worked just fine.
Now if I sell anything on ebay it's money order only, and I use craigslist for anything that I'm selling for over $50.