Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

GoldenMotor.com

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I still have my copy here somewhere... there's a theme evident though, as I also haven't (re-)read it in (easily) 20 years.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I have read it a few times. I think that it is an excellent book. (I hope that my avitar wasn't a clue)
I have it in one of my book boxes, I still need to make a bookcase.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Never read the book, always been intrigued by the title- and read a lot about eastern thought- always been into zen thought,

which has proven a bit of a liability here in the capitalist west- zen thought does not fly here- witch is irritating!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
It's a story about a guy recovering from serious mental problems.

Has nothing to do with motorcycle maintenance.

The bike is you.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Loved that book. The thought, well question; "What is quality?" has always stuck with me and has to have been 20 or 30 yrs since I read it last.

The "looking for the ghost.." thing really made me think, too. The trials and tribulations one goes through in their lives that alter them to a point that they find their present self completely different from a former self is a freaky thought.

A really weird book of sort of the same introspective nature (in this case forced by an outside entity) is the "Jesus Incident" (the book has little to do or say about religion)

This book is so horrific at times you put it down and shudder and at other times will choke you up with the beauty of life. The premise is scfi but the underlying message is to learn friendSHIP, hardSHIP and worSHIP threw horrible cruelty and adversity. Ya know, all the fun stuff.

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
It was suggested reading material back in college.(might have been a marketing class) It has been about 15-20 years since I read it. I just picked it up today at the library for a re-read.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
This is my Zen and the Art of Motorbicycle Maintenance place......everyone of you have a chapter (some, more than one) in your honor.

:D