Messed up muffler?

GoldenMotor.com

sniperxfire

Mar 6, 2013
Canada

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Drill some holes in the side of the pipe that resides inside the muffler. That's all I know to do.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Cut off the inner part a few inches inside the outer tube.
The small hole in the cap will still keep it reasonably quiet yet will give better flow.

sniperxfire

Mar 6, 2013
Canada
Cut off the inner part a few inches inside the outer tube.
The small hole in the cap will still keep it reasonably quiet yet will give better flow.
Sorry could you explain it to me more clear? I would really appreciate if you edit the picture i posted explaining me what to cut. Thank you.

EDIT:

Do i cut it like this? Between the 2 vertical lines? Please correct me if im wrong.
http://i43.tinypic.com/2j1on87.jpg

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Sorry could you explain it to me more clear? I would really appreciate if you edit the picture i posted explaining me what to cut. Thank you.

EDIT:

Do i cut it like this? Between the 2 vertical lines? Please correct me if im wrong.
http://i43.tinypic.com/2j1on87.jpg
Looking closer, If you cut it off completely there will be no way to bolt on the cap. I'd take a grinder and open up the inner tube between your lines by cutting long slots, leaving enough of the tube to still support the end cap bolt. You could also drill it full of holes and get the same results. Just swiss-cheese the rusty inner tube full of holes for better flow. This will make it louder, but the small hole in the end cap should keep it from being obnoxious.
(Sorry, could not edit your pic)

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
maniac is right. Just put it on a drill press and drill a bunch of big holes in it. All ya need is better flow. 2 strokes need a little back pressure so don't take it all out. I'd start with a few big holes then run it too see if you like it yet.
fatdaddy.