Engine Lost power and Stopped

GoldenMotor.com

Giesler

Jul 17, 2013
New York
Hi everyone!
Im new here and new to motorized biking aswell.
i recently completed my modern style board racer inspired project with a chinese engine Kit.

I was riding and my engine(2stroke 67cc Slanthead) lost power and after 100-150feet it stopped running. It would still rev after i got it started with some effort but the engine was making a grinding noize and so i stopped it. It was on its first tank of gas and i used 18:1 break in mixture.

:-||

could anyone please give me some advice on what could cause this problem?
the piston still moves but it doesnt want to rev and it wont idle for more than a few seconds.

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
grinding noises are always bad. my best bet says that something in your clutch is messing things up. I base that on the point where you said that "it will start but makes a grinding noise." I would assume that the engine wouldn't start if you have any serious piston/crank problems (unless it's a bearing).

but start here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAp8h9WRXwI

Click this video and follow it's instructions. Look for anything in your clutch that's not like this video. if your clutch spins freely or doesn't seem to look any different than this video your problem lies elsewhere. I suggest this first because it's relatively easy and was what taught me about the clutch.