spark plug wire info

GoldenMotor.com

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
So far the best thing I know to save them is keep your spark plug gap around 0.025".

I used to run 0.035" gap. It wasn't ever a problem till I got 2 Flying Horse 80 kits that run 8000 plus rpm. In every case when a coil failed it was during a long ride at very high rpm. I was also running a suppressor plug cap at the time, but I can't really say if or how much that may have contributed to the failure. Lets just say it didn't help anything.

After closing the gap to 0.025" I haven't lost a mag coil since, and I don't feel there was any decrease in performance either.
I'm running .030 or 35, I forget. I was running the larger gap because I know that it can act as a spark advance. I guess I'll go out tomorrow and tinker with it to see what feels good. My Grubee runs great at the current time. I'm thinking about getting an extended tip iridium plug. Haven't decided yet, KCvale seems to like them.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm running .030 or 35, I forget. I was running the larger gap because I know that it can act as a spark advance. I guess I'll go out tomorrow and tinker with it to see what feels good. My Grubee runs great at the current time. I'm thinking about getting an extended tip iridium plug. Haven't decided yet, KCvale seems to like them.
I have noticed that china girl motors do seem to be very sensitive to different spark plugs. I've run a couple of different stock plugs, and BP, and B plugs. All of them seemed to have slight differences in the way it ran.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
I have noticed that china girl motors do seem to be very sensitive to different spark plugs. I've run a couple of different stock plugs, and BP, and B plugs. All of them seemed to have slight differences in the way it ran.
It runs great with a B7HS, but I can always use a power boost. ;)

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I believe that (if one cares to be that specific) that the magneto on these is the combination of the rotor, stator, AND CDI. Without the CDI, it is just an alternator, and I'd suspect that the CDI is most vulnerable to electrical problems, while the stator is most vulnerable to mechanical problems.