An awesome recycling idea?

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
@JonnyR: I'm with you. I think this bike is way cool, BUT - I do not want to be the first person to put a gasoline engine on a cardboard bicycle. Not sayin' it can't be done. No sirree. But I'm the wrong fellow to try it the first time.

(Not exactly sayin' it's a GOOD idea either though.)

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
The organic secret sauce that he treats the cardboard with renders the bike both waterproof and fire proof. There's no chance of it burning.
Really? That's friggin' awesome. And at $20 too. Hmmm..., but would it be strong enough for a motor? Tensile-wise anyway?

Holy Cats - fireproof AND waterproof! And Cheap! We need to start building houses out of this right now! I mean it! I'm serious!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
That's a good point Dan. It's seriously affordable transportation. Dang, $20 for a bike. That would be hard to top. I may look in on the reviews now and then; see how the thing holds up, how it handles, and so forth. We always have people in the missions and shelters who are needing some kind of transportation to get to (and/or look for) jobs. And I think any kid who wants a bike should have, and learn to properly use, a bike. You never know when being able to ride a bike can come in handy later in life. Goodness knows, there's been times I was so poor all I had for transportation was a bike. Good thing I learned to ride when I was a kid.