Think that time is near.

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Some of you may know I have been the primary care giver to my 80 year old landlady and good friend. I was a little worried this morning when I went back to her place as she hadn't called me yet and it was ~20 'til ten, she usually calls me well before nine. She was having a real hard time breathing and has suffered from congestive heart failure for a little while now.

I called an ambulance and she is being admitted. The latest news from her bro-in-law; "She is going down hill fast and might not have much longer with us."

I've known Evelyn for ~20 years now and she has been a really good friend over the years. We partied quite a lot in our younger years, drink, do whippets and smoke a certain herbal substance that may or may not be illegal depending on where you live. When I had no other place to go she let me have her love seat for as long as I needed it. She has never let me go hungry and been the one person I knew I could talk to, no matter what.

In the last 14 years I have done what ever I could to make her life easier and more comfortable. I could never re-pay her for her kindnesses towards me but it's not been for lack of trying.

I pray that if this her time that God will make it easy and painless for her. I would like for her to come back to her home. Her dog and cat aren't the only ones that miss her being here. I do understand that it is not my choice though and I covet your prayers.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Good thoughts go with you and your friend, Nunya.

Be thankful for all the good memories you have of her and for the times you spent in her company. The grief will be there but will pass. The good memories, nothing can take away.
Bless her and cherish the memories.

Tom

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I am sure she appreciates your friendship as much as you appreciate hers !!!
not everyone has such a good friend when their time is short :(
remember the good times, and let the bad ones fade from memory ;)

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I am sorry to hear that you lost such a good and cherished friend.
I am glad to hear that she passed quickly though. She is in a better place now, and you have made her end days all that much more valuable to her, well... both of you.
I pray that you and all of her relatives and friends will find inner peace and tranquility with this situation soon. May God bless you all.
Cherish the good memories and how she has affected your life for the better.
Those are the legacies that came from her heart.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Just sitting here unable to sleep, remembering some of the fun times we had. Once I was over at her place watching the Bulls play. She was in love with Michael Jordan and she was so much fun to watch while she watched the Bulls play. We both were a little drunk, I was crashing on her couch, not driving home that night and we had smoked some of the good stuff too.

Anyway, it was towards the end of the game and there was a commercial break. She used this time to go to the bathroom. A minute or two later I hear her in there laughing and ask what she's laughing about so hard. "Well," she said, "I started to poot and it just kept going." She starts laughing again, so much so that it takes her 5 minutes, at least, to get the story out. She had been trying to fart the Star Spangled Banner.

By the time she had finished her story we both were almost rolling on the floor. I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my face. I will never forget how she was always able to make me laugh. Even now, when I miss her, I can remember some of the stories I could tell and they make me smile again.

Thanks for your sympathies but I am not grieving. I miss my friend but I am glad she is finally able to rest in peace. And when I think of her I will still be able to smile.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I'm crying- feel sorry for ya.
Nah, don't feel sorry for me. Evelyn was suffering and now she is resting. She prepared me well for this day, mentally, emotionally and financially. I also had a long time to prepare myself for this day and when I think of her I'm not mourning or grieving, instead I smile. She had that kind of effect on most people. A Dr. would be giving her some bad news concerning her health and by the time he was done he was laughing because of her attitude. There was never any need to cheer her up, she was always the one doing that.

She is missed but she taught me not to mourn over her, instead how to rejoice in her life. Because of her I am a better man than I was when I met her.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I can only imagine how grateful she was for you and your friendship. The critters being taken care of had to be an absolutely huge relief for her.

I have always enjoyed when you shared stories about your times together and the dogs and cats. I hope you keep them coming.

My heart and prayers are with you all.