Smart enough to build a cool electric trike, dum enough to leave it parked unlocked

GoldenMotor.com

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
And the kids took off on it, in town, off the front porch, in the daytime, right in front of the cameras !

E was watching the cameras, called N who yelled at me and we got in the truck and caught up with them, got the trike back, the kids ran.

Called HCSO and within a hour they caught them. Go HCSO ! ! ! :)

They were both over 18 and one has quite a record and no bond because he was on probation for stealing.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Re: Smart enough to build a cool electric trike, dum enough to leave it parked unlock

There is some justice in the world. Too bad the punishment doesn't always fit the crime.

Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Re: Smart enough to build a cool electric trike, dum enough to leave it parked unlock

Wow. Just glad you got it back.

Dumb kids.

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US

I had thought of a seat cover with fish hooks in it.

And would be easy to find them STANDING in the ER.
Should cut down on the bike thieves.

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida

There is some justice in the world. Too bad the punishment doesn't always fit the crime.

Tom
He got 1 year in county jail but he had a long record and was on probation.

I carry a big chain and lock now and use it.

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida

I had thought of a seat cover with fish hooks in it.

And would be easy to find them STANDING in the ER.
Should cut down on the bike thieves.
Right ? Or TV flyback with 30 kv ! :)

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

Hmmm...My leather saddle has rivets on the upper surface; they'd make good contacts. I wonder how hard it'd be to transplant electric cattle prod guts into the seat post, then mount a hidden switch someplace.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa

nice! what is your camera set up, I've always wanted to set a few cameras around the house and watch on monitors recorded to a DVR, ever since my dirtbike was taken from my front porch.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada

my laptop is a surveillance system.
i bought a program from ledset.com called camwiz.works great,only limitation is the type of webcams you choose to use.i found som long usb extension cables,they work fine with it.

i bought a webcam at a discount store,it made by creative cam,also came with a program,was 10 bucks.it works fine too.

glad you got your bike back.

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Glad you got'r back, they're luck they weren't in Texas, lol. Lmao @ fish hook seat cover and cattle prod. I remember those disposable cameras can be turned into tazers. Wouldn't want to forget to turn that switch off, heh heh.

Oh and:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL Killer! I am saving that pic.

I keep thinking about this concept I came up with yrs ago every time I see this thread's title, MotorTriker. "Thieves lock their doors" Meaning good/honest men don't. (shouldn't have to)

I hate the thought good folks have to worry or lock up their gear. Took the time to earn some thing then have to spend time to protect it. Just tiring to think about it.

/end rambling rant