It's been a decade?!?!

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I've always celebrated the 4th one way or another. But these past ten years I've had more than our country's independence to celebrate. My insightful wife thought it would be an excellent idea to get married on July 4th, to make the date more memorable (for me, I assumed). Oddly enough, I'm sure I would have remembered anyway.

I am astounded that it has actually been 10 whole years, as of today! She's great. She makes ten years seem not even long enough. I'll have to keep her, she keeps getting more interesting.

But, no - I haven't completely figured women out yet. No, I don't always know what they want. And, yes - it looks like they are capable of keeping you guessing until you die. Maybe in ten more years I'll have something more useful to report but, for now, they're still mostly a mystery. The best you can do is learn not to fight about dumb stuff (if it's her stuff, it's not dumb). And be a man: admit when you're wrong (my wife has a rather high IQ, so I'm used to this one). And I keep bringing home cards and flowers and little gifts, because it's not enough to just win her affection and devotion - you need to remind her how you won it also, lest she either forget or think you forgot. We guys tend to think to ourselves "I'll always love her for as long as she is with me." but they may only stay with you as long as you show you love them. And that's about all I've learned in ten years. Hope I haven't been too sappy for y'all.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Congratulations on that first 10. I'm looking at 25 on the 25th of this month (do I get points for remembering that?)

Yes, they're mysterious but what would we do without them? Mine's a nurse, she takes care of me and tries to keep me healthy. But I have my own ideas about that.

The one thing that I think stands out, for me, is the fact that men live with tunnel vision. Women live it through a wide angle lens. And memories like a steel trap.

Tom

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Cool that she's a nurse Tom, so she can suture you up in house(or shop floor) if you ever forget.

You'll know where the wound came from :p Or is that why you remember so steadfastly? :p

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Allen wrench I hate to tell you but in ten more years you still wont have women figured out. My wife and i will be married 35 next month, anyway happy tenth!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Thanks guys, for all the well wishes. Congrats, too, to all of you who've been together even longer. That'll be my wife and I, as time goes by.

Well, now it's time for me to try to remember who has the next birthday.