High Performance Intake Manifold

GoldenMotor.com

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Hello. I love all of the experimenting many of us are doing. I would like to offer you all our new, radically different intake manifold for the china girl engines. We make them here in New Hampshire USA! I have read many reports of people having difficulties getting the CNS carburetor to work properly for the engine. Most of the performance problems are caused by a overly rich air/fuel mixture. With our high performance intake, you won't have that problem, in fact, you might even need to further enrichen to mixture. The CR Machine high performance intake addresses this problem totally differently than anything else out there. In fact, I have not seen anything like it for two stroke engines. We think that CR Machine has finally finished the development of the boost bottle, which never really progressed passed the hodgepodge of pipe fittings, hose and zip ties! Why it took so long, I don't know, but the progress has begun again. Check out the intake on our Ebay store, CR Machine Manufacturing, where it is available for $60. This intake manifold essentially "smooths" out the intake pulsations which the carburetor gets from the engine. A relatively sharp intake pulsation will draw more fuel from the jet compared to a softer intake pulsation of equal volume. Another advantage to this manifold is that it is by far the most free flowing design. We also sell reworked, balance engines! Have fun!!!!xct2

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Looking at your reworked engines, are those new engines? Do you do anything other than balance the crank? Clean up the ports, replace the bearings with higher quality, etc?

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Right. I just started offering these engines. The first ones I've been riding and testing myself, and they are so much better! You can go to my ebay store and I list everything that gets fixed. The primary problem is that the crankshaft is bent! Well, to be more precise, when the crankshaft parts are pressed together with the connecting rod, there is a significant amount of angular misalignment which remains. This is what destroys the crankshaft bearings, and what causes all that terrible vibration. The other common dangerous problem I have found on many of the engines is a damaged lip seal. This also occurs during assembly in China, and is caused by the seal catching on a sharp edge on the crankshaft which was not chamfered or rounded when it was machined. If the lip seal does not fit properly, it could leak, causing a change in the air/fuel ratio. I start with a brand new engine, and completely take it apart. All threads are checked and repaired if possible. The crankshaft is straightened, the counterweights are then finish machined, so they run true. I can fit the engine with our new intake plenum, or can leave without a manifold. Soon, I will post a video on You Tube showing how bad these cranks are; it's totaly visible by eye! The crank case is cleaned of all chips, and all threads are lubricated. I reuse the original bearings, but can put NTN bearings if you request, but I have no reason to believe that they would be better. I will also offer my services to repair used engines. Those engines will need to be checked. Only parts out of spec. will be changed. As long as the crankshaft assy. is still useable, you will be able to save money.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Very interesting. I know a lot of people have been asking for someone to sell engines that have already been gone through, so thanks for stepping up. I personally have no knowledge of bearing quality, but I see those on here replacing bearings that fail with Japanese bearings, so just assumed they are of better quality.

When my motor grenades, and the way I ride it surely will, if I stick with an HT I will definitely check with you. I doubt I could get a new motor and get the crank balanced locally for much less than one of your motors :)

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Yes, I have dropped the price a little bit more as well. Pretty much it is as low as I can go. You know, another interesting thing I have noticed when I was on the Grubbee engine site, is that they are starting to market the new GT-5 SR(super rat) which boasts larger 6203 bearings. I guess it is intended to be an "improvement" over the old design which most of us are running, which use 6202 bearings. However it is really only a marginal gain, because the real solution to this problem is to finish machine the crankshafts after they are assembled or assemble the crankshafts more accurately.

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
Looks good! Finally appears to be a viable alternative to the much loved Chris Hill motors, It was a shame he had to stop building these engines...

Peace, James

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Ahhh! really, so there used to be someone who was doing just what I'm going start doing, huh? That makes sense. Once I start getting some sales, I'll put the money right back into getting more engines, so I can have more than just one engine in stock. I've just recently began this motorized bike craze for myself, oh, I'd say for about the last 3-4 months, so I don't much of the early history of this revival of low cost transportation.
Well, I'm getting a lot of great stories from all the comments that I have been reading over the last several days. Thanks a lot, I appreciate all the support!!

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
Ahhh! really, so there used to be someone who was doing just what I'm going start doing, huh? That makes sense. Once I start getting some sales, I'll put the money right back into getting more engines, so I can have more than just one engine in stock. I've just recently began this motorized bike craze for myself, oh, I'd say for about the last 3-4 months, so I don't much of the early history of this revival of low cost transportation.
Well, I'm getting a lot of great stories from all the comments that I have been reading over the last several days. Thanks a lot, I appreciate all the support!!
^^ Yep, I forgot all that he did to these engines, but sounds similar to your approach. Just type in"Chris Hill engines" under the search section, should pull up many posts by him..

Peace, James