true centrifical clutch

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I removed some of the material from the weights. Now it grabs at a higher rpm. This makes it operate much better.

racing fan

Apr 17, 2011
Michigan
thanks for the tip that will help but can some one point me in the direction for a high performance carb. that is high performance and is reliable

and tips will help thanks for the last one

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Even the stock NT carbs are very reliable and can perform very well if tuned properly, it all depends on what other mods you're doing to your engine, if you are keeping the engine basically stock with maybe the addition of a better exhaust, better NGK plug, better plug wire and maybe a better air filter, IMO you can due just fine with the stock NT or you could go up one notch and get a Speed Carb. from Pirate Cycles or from BGF on ebay, I dont have a speed carb. but others have said it offers a slight power increase when tuned properly so that could also be an option to take things up a notch.

Just remember that any carb you get will have to be tuned to the engine and the fuel mix you are running, if you are running Opti 2 @ 100:1 and have the carb tuned perfect for that mix and then decide to mix up some mix at 32:1 with conventional oil you could cook that engine because it will likely be way to lean from what I understand, so I would personally advise that you get the NT tuned real nice and run it for a while and see if it serves your needs because for most MB owners it is plenty good enough for their bikes and the speeds they are shooting for, I have the NT's on all my engines and I can get 35-39 MPH out of all my bikes with them and none of mine are heavily modified.

Hope this helps...and if I'm wrong on something here I trust that someone will step in and make correction, I can only speak from my experiences.

Peace

racing fan

Apr 17, 2011
Michigan
well i only want to add a expansion chamber and performance carb and ngk spark plug because i am putting it on a banana bike i cant pedal as much as needed some times so upgrades will help me

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
well i only want to add a expansion chamber and performance carb and ngk spark plug because i am putting it on a banana bike i cant pedal as much as needed some times so upgrades will help me
A well tuned NT carb will do you just fine more than likely.........I wouldnt spend the extra money for the slight up grade unless you really think you need that slight increase.

racing fan

Apr 17, 2011
Michigan
i will at least need the expansion chamber because there is a big hill ring before town i need to get up its hard enough going up the bridge there on a 2 foot side walk but the motor will need help from parts and me so i guess i will not go for the carb but the expansion chamber yes

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
i will at least need the expansion chamber because there is a big hill ring before town i need to get up its hard enough going up the bridge there on a 2 foot side walk but the motor will need help from parts and me so i guess i will not go for the carb but the expansion chamber yes
Yes if you have the stock restrictive exhaust you'll see a big difference in power with the much less restrictive free flowing of the expansion pipe.

Getting a good exhaust on the engines makes to biggest difference in how they run IMHO, the other bolt ons help a little but that exhaust is where the biggest gains are on a stock engine.

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
I removed some of the material from the weights. Now it grabs at a higher rpm. This makes it operate much better.
I was searching for information like this - only going in the opposite direction
though. I just got a HS 49cc 4 stroke kit and it sure doesn't need to slip all the way up to 14mph with this engine. I was thinking softer springs to remedy. I believe 10 mph or a little less would be ideal for all of this block to block driving
I do. If adding weight is the solution, how would I do that?