Grubee Skyhawk vs Flying Horse

GoldenMotor.com

Farthom

May 16, 2010
Canada
Well there's a bit of a story behind this. I bought a Grubee Skyhawk 66/80cc a year ago, and it has bit the dust. At present, I have not been able to get it running again. So, I put in an order for 5 Grubee Skyhawk engines. Three for a friend, and two for me. I ordered with bikeberry.com, however they are currently having some serious backorder problems. After nearly two months of being in backorder, they offer me Flying Horse engines instead of the Grubee engines, for a partial refund. My understanding is that the Grubee engines are much higher quality, and for that reason I am inclined to just suck it up and wait a bit longer. So, my root question is, what kinds of experiences have you guys had with Flying Horse and Grubee engines? Do you think it would be worth the swap? I don't want to swap them and find 2 of 5 engines unusable or something. What is the level of quality difference between the two?

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
so the consensus is- Grubee's suck. stay clear. the hard part is, how do you even know what engine you're getting. Is it a Grubee, a Raw...and what the **** is a flying horse? and would someone put to rest the argument of compression and the slant head? anyway- I have ordered 4 engines online from different vendors. not one of them has had a plant stamp on them, and they all look the same with the exception of the muffler and the throttle grip. so who's to know WHAT engine you're really getting?!

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
so the consensus is- Grubee's suck. stay clear. the hard part is, how do you even know what engine you're getting. Is it a Grubee, a Raw...and what the **** is a flying horse? and would someone put to rest the argument of compression and the slant head? anyway- I have ordered 4 engines online from different vendors. not one of them has had a plant stamp on them, and they all look the same with the exception of the muffler and the throttle grip. so who's to know WHAT engine you're really getting?!
Pretty much all the same crap from what I understand. No matter where you get your motor it's gonna need to be gone over with a fine tooth comb before you run it, otherwise you're throwing the dice and hoping you got one of the few that went out with no major problems.....