Cool Chopper Tank for Under $100?

GoldenMotor.com

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
That's about the budget. Anyone know of a nice tank for $100 or less? Was watching one on eBay. Would have been perfect but when I placed my top bid it was raised immedeately so I move on... :p

Next is a tank made for the old Chaparal mini bike for $79.99 shipped but it's not quite what I have in mind but would be ok.

Any good leads? :)

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
NOS Chopper Mini bike Chaparral Minibike Gas Tank | eBay

That's about all I can find. About 1.7 gal so it's plenty big. Shape's kind ehh but it'll work. Been putting off a trip to the cycle salvage yard but I'm going tomorrow. They got hundreds of tanks so I should be able to find one, I hope.

The last time I was there they had a king/queen seat that I'm thinking I could have re-upolstered...

insomniacshotrods

Sep 26, 2008
Hey Venice could you give some more detail on the tank? How did you mount it? What did you use for the filler neck/cap? Where did you get the bag? Is it a bag from a motorcycle or bike? I really like the look of it alot better than what my buddy did on the chopper bike i got from him. Never did like the little filler neck on it.Thanks you sure build some neato rides

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
if you go to e-bay mini gas tank they have the same tank for $59. i ordered a sportster type 3/4 gal from imperial cycles. but i'm not recomending them until i get the tank and then maybe. so far no phone answer. no shipping info. nothing. i e mailed and got the waiting for the petcock tomorrow... 8-2-11 we will see.

Jcano6979

Apr 23, 2011
Ocean city nj
Hello Venice Motor Bikes, where did you get that frame and rear wheel/tire? I love the look of that bike, exactly what I'm looking for for my next build. Thanks