Anybody Need Bar End Mirrors?

GoldenMotor.com

Flattracker

Dec 4, 2009
TX
I had problems with the short cateye bar end mirrors. My hands are big and would bump the mirrors and I was always adjusting them. Theres just not enough room on bicycle handlebars. Being a full sized adult male, my shoulders are too wide to see the rear view image with the standard clamp on mirrors, and the cateye mirrors were too short to see what was behind me without moving my head around. I found these chrome mirrors on ebay. I can now actually grip my throttle without disturbing my mirrors setting. Here they are installed on my bike. If you need a nice set of mirrors for your motorized bike these willl work real nice! The vendor has a few sets for sale. I like them so much I bought 2 pair. Without a doubt these are THE best bar end mirrors that I've ever mounted on my motorized bicycle and I've owned quite a few sets of mirrors! Here they are on my bike:

ebay Item number: 190502238594 - NOS Bar End Mirrors CB160 R5 RD350 CB750 Made Japan 7/8 $19.99 Free shipping!

Attachments

Last edited:

gobigkahuna

Apr 25, 2011
E NC
I'm looking for a set like this for my 1" diam handlebar. Do you think they would work if I added a shim? I'm also wondering how to handle the rubber hand grips, mine have "ends" on them, do you just cut the rubber ends off?

Flattracker

Dec 4, 2009
TX
Yes they would fit a 1 in handlebar. They are for intended for 7/8 inch handlebars but the plug just barely fit into my 7/8 in handlebars. The expansion plug is so large it will have no problem filling a 1 inch bar.

I replaced the inner nut on the expanding end with a larger diameter nut with the same thread and it caused the expansion plug to open even wider, which locked it into the handlebar tighter.

It adds up to a very solid mount.

My hand grips are rubber and had a chrome cap on the end.

I just used a hack saw and cut off the cap, and what was needed off of the throttle sleeve.

I tried the shim trick using rubber inner tube strips at first because the mirrors didn't fit as snug as I wanted. The rubber made them fit tight but they still had a certain amount of movement in them.

Replacing the nut at the expanding plug with a larger diameter nut solved the problem and firmly locked the mirrors into place without any movement.

The washer is important.

For a 1 inch handlebar you'll need to replace the 7/8 diameter washer with a 1 inch diameter washer. The smaller 7/8 washer will go inside of a 1 inch handlebar, you dont want that. The washer must fit flush against the handlebar end on the outside.

Or, just put a bigger washer behind the one provided with the mirror.

As you tighten the outer nut, the inner nut inside of the expansion plug makes it expand, at the same time its pulling the washer tightly against the end of the handlebar as the plug expands which locks the mirror in place.

Last edited: