anyone planning any long trips

GoldenMotor.com

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I'll be doing a 120 mile round trip hopefully sometime this summer! Gonna go to the coast, camp for a day or two and ride back.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. There are some guys in Mississippi wanting to ride the Natchez Trace from Natchez to Memphis.
It's difficult to take long trips in TX, as we are limited to roads with a speed limit of 35mph or less.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
The Natchez Trace goes from Natchez to Nashville. Who are these guys? I live in Natchez and have thought about doing that. Last year BamaBikeGuy emailed me about a trace ride but he passed away soon after.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Elmo- A new member from MS was interested a month or so ago. He may have been from Columbus.
I think the Trace is perfect for a MB trip, with the scenery, bike lanes and low speed limit.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
About 440 miles Natchez to Nashville. I have never biked the whole trace but have driven it in a car. Good road, 50 mph speed limit strictly enforced and for the most part drivers curtious to bikes. NO commercial traffic allowed. No stores and ect. on the trace. Have to get off for food and gas. Here is a link to Trace website. Natchez Trace Parkway (U.S. National Park Service)

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
No bike lanes you ride in the regular traffic lane and cars pass you like you are another car. The whole trace is a designated bike rout.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
My buddy rode it on an Easy Racer clone that we built a few years ago. He had his wife pick him up every day at the end of the ride and take him back the next day to the stopping point. This was a pedal bike and he made 440 miles in three and one half days. Surely it shouldn't take over four days on a mb unless you dik a lot of sightseeing.
I want to ride it round trip and camp along the way.