Hey, I just joined... new to blogging so go easy on me. :-)

GoldenMotor.com

Bicy'er Trash

Apr 25, 2010
Cottonwood, AZ
Yo all!

I've been motorbiking for almost a year and a half now. I love it. And it is so fun and economical. When I first built my bike I used it as a daily commuter from Costa Mesa to my warehouse in Santa Anna... for less than a dollara day!

Anyway, my bike- "Sarge" is a Felt Cruiser model MP in olive drab. I added hydralic disk brakes front and rear. A speedo and a tach. A trip computer... and a coffee mug holder. I installed a Statton- Inc. kit with a 34.9 cc Robin Subaru four stroker coupled to a Nuvinci hub. In traffic, Sarge will hold his own.

Gotta go for now, but I am hoping to make many new freinds... especially those who live in central Arizona... let's ride!

G.

Attachments

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I am always up for a ride,,,and always looking for someone to ride with :)
Cottonwood is a ways from me though (I have shopped at the Home Depot there though ;))
I believe there is a member or 2 in Sedona and flagstaff

Bicy'er Trash

Apr 25, 2010
Cottonwood, AZ
Thanks guys. I apologize, I've been out of town for a few days. In answer to Steve B, I installed the brakes myself as the frame did not come with them. I went with Hayes 6" Hydraulic brakes front and rear. Awesome stopping power. Easy to maintain and drop in new brake shoes when needed... I highly recommend them if you can afford it. Thanks for the inquiry. :)

In answer to AZ Bill. cool man, if you are headed my way bring your ride. I am installing a front bumper carry system for Sarge so I can take him with me on trips. They consist of two elliptical shaped "baskets for the wheels that bolt to your bumper. I bought mine at a motorcycle shop for around fifty dollars. I'll call you too when heading to Phoenix or that general area. I hope we can get together.

Thanks to Barely awake too!

Hey thanks guys.

Last edited:

Bicy'er Trash

Apr 25, 2010
Cottonwood, AZ
Hey Steve B, I apologize, I've been out of town for a few days. I installed the brakes myself as the frame did not come with them. I went with Hayes 6" Hydraulic brakes front and rear. Awesome stopping power. Easy to maintain and drop in new brake shoes when needed... I highly recommend them if you can afford it. Thanks for the inquiry. :)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Tucson motor bikers have organized events, like the death race and frequent group rides. I have not seen many events in other parts of the Copper State.
There are members in the Flagstaff area.

Bicy'er Trash

Apr 25, 2010
Cottonwood, AZ
Well it sounds like "-if it's gonna be... it's up to me." I will get a sign made to fit in the frame of Sarge with a website and phone number, and I will start a club here in Cottonwood/ Sedona and see if we can get organized and have some events. My dream is to get enough members excited about the fun of motor-bicycling that with a small monthly dues of say $15-20.00 we could have a MB Center complete with shared tools, a paint booth, a chrome dipping tank, a sandblasting station, mig/tig welder(s), plasma cutter, cnc milling, a parts store... and more!

Bicy'er Trash

Apr 25, 2010
Cottonwood, AZ
Sorry for so long in responding... I didn't see your post till now. It is an old motor before the four strike. It was an Italian 'Active' Motor with all the performance upgrades. Fast, but mixing fuel got to be a drag.