Greasy Rider

GoldenMotor.com

greasy tom

Feb 9, 2010
Olympic Peninsula WA
Newby biker here. They call me Greasy Tom around these parts. That's because all my vehicles run rmflaon used restaurant grease...that is until I discovered these cool Chinese bike engines while surfing the net.
My kit arrived this evening and in about a half hour I had the engine, carb, & exhaust bolted up to my $12.50 Goodwill mountain bike. While waiting for the kit to arrive I've been gleaning tons of great info regarding a successful install. Thanks to all for the great info. I expect to be cruising tomorrow if I finish my grease "gathering" route in time.
Anyone interested in driving on free (almost) fuel in your diesel car/truck, check out the "greasecar" sites. It really works. I'm on my 6th year and over 100,000 miles driving on waste vegetable oil from behind restaurants. My Dodge has a 200 gallon capacity and can travel over 4000 miles without refueling....really. The exhaust smells like french fries and it is much better for the atmosphere than petro-diesel.
Anyhow, I just wanted to thank all for the good tips and information that will surely help get this old guy cruising on two wheels.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Have you figured the cost of using whole sale cooking oil instead of the used to make fuel?
I am just wondering if it would be affordable using new cooking oil ,verses regular desil prices.

greasy tom

Feb 9, 2010
Olympic Peninsula WA
Have you figured the cost of using whole sale cooking oil instead of the used to make fuel?
I am just wondering if it would be affordable using new cooking oil ,verses regular desil prices.

When diesel was approaching $5 @ gallon a couple years back I checked with Costco & found that if I bought a full pallet load of veg oil it was about the same as buying diesel. The only advantage was environmental. I get the waste fryer oil for free and with the cost of filters, it equates to about 18 cents a gallon.