Got my engine and I'm stoked!

GoldenMotor.com

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
I've been reading the forum for a few weeks and decided to order a 66cc 2 smoke kit. My kit arrived today from BoysGoFast and it really looks like a fairly decent quality kit. From everything I've read about getting new bolts, etc I was planning on heading out to the hardware store to get some nylock nuts for all the bolts and the kit came with them (I'm surprised). Maybe the quality is getting better from all I've read, I'll find out later this week when I get it installed and fired up.

Brian the Sign Guy
Everett, WA

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
I bought a 7 mm spark plug wire w/boot to replace the original as directed by some post on Motor Prep and care. I did not see a small screw to remove the wire from the coil... I don't really want to yank it out of there and unless I hear other wise I'll just try out the "stock" coil and live with it for now.

I'm taking photos of everything and will put them up on my picasa page for the rest of the newbs to see what they are getting themselves into.

And looking forward to meeting you some day Pablo since you are in my back yard. It'll be a nice ride over your way some weekend day after my butt gets in shape to deal with that long of a ride ;-)

- Brian

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The wire itself is screwed into the coil, simply twist the spark plug wire counterclockwise and it outa come right out (same for the cap). Actually the wire itself tends to be surprisingly good with a generous amount of copper - but the cap is a total POS lol, I replaced just the cap w/a NGK one and it's been fine.

Welcome to the addiction Sign Guy ;)

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
I ordered 4 different kits all together so far 2 from 1 vendor and 1 from another vendor, and the fourth one from BGF. I gotta say that this kit is by far the best quality kit I have yet to get, and the cheapest. On all 3 other motors I had to tear apart and clean out the in/out ports, and polish, and cut all the gaskets to match. The BGF kit is perfect no work needed. Whew no teardown, and grindin'. And the gaskets were cut to match already. The exhaust pipe, and Grips, were of alot better quality than the other kits.BGF Kit with dual start and cantrifical clutch pictures by SBMotorBicyling - Photobucket