Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Motorized Bicycle Trouble Shooting

Motorized Bicycle Trouble Shooting Use this area to post problems that may arise, if you could use some help in figuring out what is wrong with your engine and what needs to be done to achieve top performance.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: Bike won't stay on when full stop made

Tom should I do this with the clutch engaged or disengaged.? Sorry I got so many problems, that not only my short knowledge in general engine terms that English is not my first language. So bare with me and I will get this fix.

I was only adjusting the cable in the clutch arm, next to the the chain.

Thanks for the advice and patience.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianocopello View Post
Tom should I do this with the clutch engaged or disengaged.? Sorry I got so many problems, that not only my short knowledge in general engine terms that English is not my first language. So bare with me and I will get this fix.

I was only adjusting the cable in the clutch arm, next to the the chain.

Thanks for the advice and patience.
Adjust your cable tension with the clutch engaged. That means no pressure on the arm the cable attaches to. Disengaged is when the cable is adjusted correctly and the rear wheel will spin freely without turning the engine's crankshaft when you squeeze the handlebar lever. Or when you manually push inward on the arm.

That's another test you can do. Raise the rear wheel and push in on the clutch actuator arm with your hand. You'll need to wrap it with a rag because you're pushing against a very strong spring. Push in as far as you can until the arm stops then try to rotate your rear wheel. It should spin free moving the chain but not the crankshaft. The drive sprocket will rotate but not the engine. This might take two people unless you have a way to suspend the rear wheel off the floor.

Tom

Last edited by 2door; 01-07-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Here's a crazy question... Are you pulling the clutch hand lever 'in' before you come to a complete stop?? (This is assuming that you have a 2-stroke engine).

Follow VMB on facebook>>> facebook.com/VeniceMotorBikes

Follow VMB on Instagram>>> instagram.com/venicemotorbikes