portland oregon!

GoldenMotor.com

Meatwhistle

May 15, 2011
United States, Ft. Stewart
So im moving back to the portland area in aug. Looking for people to ride with. My wife is not big into it and it gets kinda boring on some distance rides alone. And I would like to check out some of what other people have built up close to get some new ideas for my self.

Bill in Oregon

Apr 25, 2010
southern Oregon
Just checking out the Oregon scene. Planning two builds -- a quickie 2-stroke build on a Cranbrook/Clairmont something and a nice build with a 4-stroke, Monarch forks, EZM trannie etc ...

Sideshowbob

Dec 26, 2010
Salem OR
There is a group of guys in Portland, check this and other MB boards, there is also a group here in Salem but I have not ridden with them in a year or so. Your huffy will work great any of the 2 stroke kits will bolt right on. The hardest part is the rear wheel sprocket and alignment, the kit ones work but investing in a better wheel sprocket set up is worth it especially for long rides and durability. There are also lots of 4 stroke kits and electric wheels that fit well. The electrics are the easiest to install and get on the road.

leo_bialystock

May 28, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Thanks for the info, Sideshow Bob! I would love to meet up with the guys in
Portland. Especially about the rear wheel sprocket and alignment.

I'm curious about the 4 stroke and electric wheels because someone I met on a motorized bicycle Facebook page thought that Oregon law only allowed under 50cc for mopeds and he considered motorbikes to be viewed as motorbikes in the eyes of the law. Anybody know?

In terms of 2 stroke, I was considering going with the kit from this website http://bekits.com/ because the guy balances the crank for less vibration which I also heard is an issue. Is the 48 tooth sprocket option irrelevant because of the rear wheel. I don't know what any of it really means.

Fast Bike motors has a cheaper kit for $139, but I don't know if there is a difference in quaity - http://fastbikemotor.corecommerce.com/FMB-Silver-Slant-80cc-Engine-Kit.html

What do you suggest?