That forking fork

GoldenMotor.com

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I can't figure this out but I'm sure it's so simple...either my fork is too tight or its too loose. I can't find a happy medium. It either wiggles which is unsafe or it tightens itself making it impossible to steer which is downright deadly. I'm using a 1 inch threaded fork on an old AMF frame. I hear of forks coming loose but tightening itself? Looked it up but didn't find anything.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I'm sure your doing it this way....Tighten down the piecewith the race on it hand tight till you get what you want. Then add washer to slotted area in fork. Now hold the first piece you tightened firm. Now tighten up top nut tight with with wrench without tighting the first piece that you installed. If it gets to tight hold top nut with wrench and loosen the hand tightened piece with channel lock pliers..Thats all I got! Good luck

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
i checked it again and it seems like the washer with the nub on it is moving when it shouldn't...I have 2 washers and both of them do it. I wonder if the steering tub is the issue.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Does the fork have the cut out to except the washer with the notch? If it goes in notch it won't move.At this point I would remove the fork and check everything. Make sure Race on the fork fits the bearings and make sure the Bearings fit cups. Also make sure bearings arenit upside down. You'll get it