First timer Fresh Blood

GoldenMotor.com

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I use those tires Exclusive. I get about 2500mi from them - a 6 mo. riding Season. And yes the rear wears faster than the front. I carry over from season to season buy at least 1 a year. I really like the grip. Started with the 2.25 now use 1.95 to reduce drive chain scuff on the sidewall.
Yeah, I am a little worried about that, but I've got 26x2.10 on right now and I still have another half inch clearance on the chain hitting the tire. But I use a very strong 1/8" BMX chain because it flows smoother with less drag than the bulky 415 and it gives me more clearance on the tire but it kinda takes away from that motorcycle look. Anyway, it's not scuffing the tire currently with the 2.10, I've never tried a 2.12 but I'm pretty sure I will be ok.

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
You have to put a o ring inside of that nut and don't over tighten it, it will destroy the o ring mine are just a little quarter turn past hand tight.

RhodeIslandRebel

Mar 24, 2016
Pawtucket Rhode Island
Update!!! BIG PROBLEMS! so my bike **** the bed. it wouldnt start. the clutch was acting weird since the getgo, had to adjust it so many times since i hooked it up always tightening it. well it wouldnt start so i took the casing off . come to find out my "shaft fixed pin" is bent. like almost at a full 90 degrees. no wonder my clutch was always so tight and why i always had problems readjusting it. well.....looks like ill have to either A. buy a new motor because i think the bent shaft fixed pin is what was making that scraping sound. it seems the inside of the drive sprocket case cover is worn where the shaft pin would go. so i need like a whole new case cover with a new pin. i think that would be a fix. but how would i buy just the cover and a new pin? blahhh.... problems problems problems....i do know one thing. ive learned alot. wish i could reverse time and start from the begining with this . i feel like i made alot of newbie errors that in turn damaged some things. wondering if ill just have to buy a new motor to get a new case cover and shaft pin....any help from the pros is welcome.....

RhodeIslandRebel

Mar 24, 2016
Pawtucket Rhode Island
arent all these engines the same? i should probably just get a new engine. this one is probably fixable but id like the chance to start over. like i said. its the tiny shaft pin that fits in sprocket case cover that's bent and has sort of worn away at the hole where it sits. tyler this engine you're showing me isnt this the same exact thing as mine? they're all chinese engines i got mine from umotobikes.com....also are you sure about this site? seems kinda scamy in my opinion....just saying....have you bought from this site?

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I think there was a time when just about every one of these little motors were about the same, just the same chinese stuff that is rarely going to be high quality and they all seemed to be about the same. But the last few years some plants in China have made an effort to improve them. You will find that some engines have slightly altered pistons, or bigger needle bearings. They are certainly not all the same anymore. Also, some dealers will alter them, sometimes doing port work, or changing out bearings for better ones, or put different bolts or screws in them. If you notice, Dax calls his 69cc not 66cc, also, he balances and drills a hole in the crank for better oil flow to the needle bearing. He says on the website that they are built in the USA "from only the best Globally sourced parts. Engineered parts include 38mm 360 Degree Steel Full circle GP type Crank hand drilled and balanced , Con Rod with Center Oiling holes, Hardened 8.8 case bolts and cylinder studs, RB 6202Z Crank Bearings, HR 6202 Clutch bearing, 8.8 hardened steel clutch pin and bearing and more. Full Circle Balanced Crank is Design Copyright Protected ! Order either F50 or F80
Blocks below. Please allow 3-4 working days before Blocks are shipped since they are built, tested and then shipped. Thank you."

I'm not sure what you have to do to call something "made in the USA" but is this different than some of the 66cc ones on e-bay direct from China? Definitely! Does a balanced crank make a difference? Yes! Now, I'm not a mechanic or anything, I'm just speaking from my own experiences with getting my own motorized bicycle going. Others on this website have much more knowledge than I do about this.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
its the tiny shaft pin that fits in sprocket case cover that's bent and has sort of worn away at the hole where it sits.
Are you talking about the clutch pin? looks like this? If so you can get a new one cheap... Lots of suppliers sell them for $2-$5, Dax has them for $2+ shipping. Also, make sure you have the bearing in the hole, you should keep this part covered in grease at all times. Also, you can get a new engine sprocket cover for about $5.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
also are you sure about this site? seems kinda scamy in my opinion....just saying....have you bought from this site?
Oh yeah, I've bought my motor and parts from Dax many times, they are totally legit. I think they are even one of the sponsors of this website.

Last edited: