Centrifugal clutch be damned

GoldenMotor.com

DUI guy

Sep 11, 2015
Florida
I've replaced the springs on the clutch twice, can't seem to locate a new flyweight anywhere. I have a 4stroke pull start from bikeberry, and they are out of stock. Does anyone know of any options I might have? The dust from the clutch pads go in to the transmission and cause it to lock up. Can someone, anyone please help?!!!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
This $280 5G complete kit?
http://www.bikeberry.com/gas-engine...g-pull-start-bicycle-engine-kit-4-stroke.html

Unfortunately for you, other than the HS engine that 'bargain' system isn't, and will be a money pit forever with no way to ever make it reliable.

Well, there may be some way with $ spent 'upgrading', but all in all it is just a cheap system like everything else in the kit.
A 1.5L 1/3 gallon 51oz gas tank for example.
Even the cheapest of cheap kits have a 1/2 gallon tank, heck my beverage cup is almost that big.

Every single corner cut.

Near as I can tell BB is trying to sell kits with parts that are like razor blades, in constant need of replacement.
Gillette made billions doing that but they kept up with demand, BB doesn't.

Whatever Bike Berry is using for a clutch, use something else to get by until you can afford to get something totally different is my advice.

Try the Go-Kart parts web sites, or maybe Straton.

Sorry for the bad news but that's just the way it is.

A turd sandwich for half the price of a Philly Steak Sandwich is still a turd that leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth that no amount of sauce or spice will make better.

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
Check out davesmotors.com
They have a 76mm 3 shoe clutch that is top of the line stuff. You probably should get a set of their "clutch saver" springs that will engage at a lower RPM than those that come with the clutch.