Project plans (Unnamed)

GoldenMotor.com

ratman150

Feb 19, 2014
Murphy Texas
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I may have just lost my girlfriend, which is crushing....I don't have the money to build another insane computer so I am going to build an insane bike.

Planning something along these lines.
Trike conversion (example http://www.pistonbikes.com/Motorized-Trike-Conversion-Kit-p/mtck.htm *might hand make*)

Four stroke conversion (depends on if I can find an engine that doesn't look like a lawnmower + has a standard clutch)

Hand built transmission (might not happen with a trike)

High performance custom made expansion chamber (still researching acoustics, which I have a basic knowledge of.)

If I really can't patch things up I will be:

Rolling my own coil
Making my own CDI (solid state programmotorized bicyclele probably with profiles you can upload/download to my website)
High compression dual or triple ignition head (might make this by hand)
Rebuilt bottom end
Forged pistons
Forged exhaust (don't ask...)
A ton of other things that I am still researching.

I also plan on it being stupidly fast but able to be cruised normally.

Details will be added and changed as I decide on how I will build this. This will (granted I actually start this) also host the pictures and build logs.

Target speed 50+
Insane speed 70+

Actual goal: Give a two stroke the ability to start off the line without pedals, and make it a simple mod. The rest is optional.

Edit 2
For some reason when I type "program"able it changes it to two different words.

***Update***

Project name: Blue Meanie (Beatles reference)

Parts list so far
F80 TYPE D Gen IV R (DAX)
Torker II (Arrow)
Chain Tensioner - Left Side (Sick bike parts)
Portland Design Works Danger Zone Tail Light (Amazon)
SecurityIng® 4 Modes Waterproof 2800 Lumens Cree XM-L U2 LED Bicycle Light (Amazon)
3/8th 24TPI nut (Ebay) *Update tractor supply has these for 99 cents and they are nylock :)
Maybe a helmet (Thanks mom :p) freebie.
....Due to JNM being out of stock the jaguar is not on this list Q.Q
I think I got everything on the list.

Total (thus far on this list) 262.24
Update managed to save some money 258.57$

Last edited:

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Shift kit and pull start is the go for no pedal starts.
But a basic tuned up HT will take off from stop once running without peddles and get you to 40Mph with the right sprocket.
I find 80 Kph (50 Mph) fast enough on a push bike.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I hope you are talking KPH and not MPH as even 30MPH on a single wheel drive is beyond stupid.
Have you ever even rode a trike with power?
I have build some electric trike shifters and unless you are talking talking some kind of He||'s Angels size road trike with posi-trac differential the second your front wheel leaves the road you will go into a wind spin, especially if your silly overkill gas engine is in back.

Just a tip. Take it or leave it.

Earbiter

Oct 22, 2013
Denver, Colorado
QUOTE: Four stroke conversion (depends on if I can find an engine that doesn't look like a lawnmower + has a standard clutch)

High performance custom made expansion chamber (still researching acoustics, which I have a basic knowledge of.)

Rolling my own coil
Making my own CDI (solid state programmotorized bicyclele probably with profiles you can upload/download to my website)
Rebuilt bottom end
Forged pistons

ummm... never really heard of anyone using an expansion chamber on a 4 stroke, im pretty sure its a useless mod.

ratman150

Feb 19, 2014
Murphy Texas
QUOTE: Four stroke conversion (depends on if I can find an engine that doesn't look like a lawnmower + has a standard clutch)

Rolling my own coil
Rebuilt bottom end
Forged pistons

ummm... never really heard of anyone using an expansion chamber on a 4 stroke, im pretty sure its a useless mod.

To clarify, that is only if I stick with the 2 smoke.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
camber wont stop that Ratman.....theres alot more to it anda differential either on the shaft or drives to the wheels like a simplex truck is almost mandatory.
we are currently starting two simplex truck builds(trikes) and I'll start a thread with pics soon. you'll get some ideas I think.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
(sigh) Best of luck and I hope you live past the test ride because as far as your intentions have been said you are trying to build a death machine.

MopedLover

Feb 20, 2014
Flagstaff, Arizona
70mph on a bike, lol i don't think most bikes are built to handle that much vibration and torque. Your tires might wear out really fast and make the tube blow out.

I built a 66cc two stroke build once on a cheap mountain bike and put on a SBP expansion chamber and all the low end torque stuff on it. I think i spent more time fixing the bike than riding it because too much power loosened up almost every bolt.

I later built a 49cc with a smaller sprocket. I had to pedal it up to about 6 mph before i pull on the throttle but it was quieter because smaller sprocket gave me lower RPM.

MopedLover

Feb 20, 2014
Flagstaff, Arizona
Actual goal: Give a two stroke the ability to start off the line without pedals, and make it a simple mod. The rest is optional.
Actually this can be really easily done without doping out your motor into a death machine. Just get a centrifugal clutch/pull start/foot peg set for two stroke motors from bikeberry