Picked up hf 79cc predator today

GoldenMotor.com

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois
I've been wanting to get one since back when they had the 99cc ones for sale. Well I finely had a little extra cash and I found a great sale price. It was on sale for $99.99 plus i had a 20% coupon $86 tax included. I opted for the two year warranty so I paid the sale price $106 tax included but I got the two year replacement. The salesman told me I can bring it back any time within two years for any reason broken or not and they will hand me a brand new one. The salesman also told me they will be having 25% on easter day. So if anyone else is looking to get one it would be a great time to do so $81 tax included(tax being 7.25% as it is here).
So, as you all can imagine I can't wait to tear this thing apart lol. Here's what I have planned AGK jackshaft with high stall clutch, governor removal, high flow air filter, homemade exhaust with briggs type muffler, whatever port polishing/port matching I can do while I have it apart, the 18# springs AGK suggests, check valve lash, And at a later date AGK's reworked carb.
What does everyone think of the AGK jackshaft? Has anyone changed the gearing, or is the AGK setup best? Anyone have exhaust setup like this? How loud is it? With the exhaust I'm looking more for quiet than performance. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts or suggestions. Oh and what is the best way to mount? I'm thinking of welding a plate to the bike. What are my other options?
Thanks in advance
Mark

Last edited:

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Check here
http://www.bmikarts.com/Catch-Cans_c_337.html

Also if your planning on running vertical mount for the predator your better Off making your own jack shaft... The agk jack shaft doesn't give you option for diffrent angles of orientation
Or adjustable chain adjustment. I like the one CCC might start selling, looks well made with diffrent mounting positions and it looks like it has good adjustability for the chain.

Plus your gonna have to be patient about getting your parts from agk, their not exactly the fastest when it comes out to shipping

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
Hi i got the same deal at HF this past week. did not opt for the two year warranty.

will start a new build soon.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
These motors are nice too.
Like scotto said, there perfect for motorized bikes.
Right size,power, and cheapbrnot

You can run the engine horizontal like on agk's build, or you can run it vertically like me and a few other members.
http://www.dansperformanceparts.com/buggy/bilaa/buggybilaa1.htm

A few clamps from dans, an aluminum plate, some measuring, a few holes, and clablam you have a mounting plate without any welding. Makes it easy to convert a bike bike to pedal power if need be.

I want this head also!
http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...e_Code=A&Product_Code=2826&Category_Code=99cc

Last edited: