Hello From Sydney Australia

GoldenMotor.com

Jacobite

Sep 14, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Hey All,

Ive had a bike with a 80cc china kit on it for about a year now happily riding and tweaking, occaisionally getting pulled over by the cops and getting told it will be taken by highway patrol, only to ride past highway and have them wave...

last week my magneto burnt out (worked for about 800km) so i tracked down a new one at mbb imports in western sydney. while i was there i noticed what appeared to be a nice, chrome, tuned pipe. Apparently designed to fit straight onto my bike and all for $69.95! Golden i thought, ill have one.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE PIPES UNLESS YOU HAVE A METAL WORKSHOP AT HOME! (Lucky I do...)

I Will post photos of the THREE baffles i had to remove from it and the other work that had to be done to fit it later today.

Kirkey

Jul 21, 2012
Sydney
Hey jaco

Just a word of warning, i think those pipes are loud stock so removing any baffles will make more noise and more attention. But i guess you know this already lol.

If you want better products try rock soild engines, they are based in QLD or one of the many other sites on the sides of this page that will deliver to australia. Also, where abouts in sydney you from? That mbb imports is in arndell park right?

Jacobite

Sep 14, 2012
Sydney, Australia
So, I got the tuned pipe finished and then got carried away and built an exhaust system for one of my mates with the same kit on a cruiser frame (my bike is an old steel frame mountain bike).

The finished tuned pipe isn't much louder than my old modified straight pipe and has the same top speed, but it has a whole lot more torque.

The next project is to install a walbro wt series carbie, photos of that soon.

The first four shots show the original tuned pipe, the guts pulled out, a couple of shots of it on the bike, and the last shot is the pipe I built for my mates cruiser.

Attachments