New to the forum

GoldenMotor.com

johnmn12

Oct 15, 2011
Detroit
I just got my first motor put on my beach cruiser and decided to kill some time at work. My motor took forever to finally get it started then ran great for 20 or so miles. I have a 66cc SD stinger by the way. Now the bike won't even start. No kill switch connected. I'm flooding the engine half the time, and not getting any fuel the other half of the time. Have my NT carb apart every day, and moved the c clip to every notch on the pin. Replaced the plug with an NGK, and I think I'm getting a weak spark. Most of the time I can't even get it to start on starting fluid. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I bought another bike and engine kit, but want to get this one running before I start a new project.

SAVED1

May 29, 2011
Miami Fl.
welcome johnmn12 to the MB forum. Try doing some searching for help on your engine problems maybe some other members have made a thread with some answers for you.

johnmn12

Oct 15, 2011
Detroit
Got it fixed finally. Happend to be the clutch was not engaging all the way. I took the right side cover off and could push the bike about 6 inches before it would turn the crank. Took the set screw out and tightend the flower nut one notch and it works perfectly. Pulled my plug and I am running lean. I put the c clip on the lowest setting and bent the tabs in the bowl up a little to allow the most fuel. Runs great about 1 and a half miles then bogs out and dies. I seen there was not much fuel in the line so I cracked open the gas cap and it filled up completely. I think that cap is my problem now. Then I get home and break my chain in the driveway. Guess that's it for today.