twist throttle

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Purty awesome, El Linko. I hate the stock, kit throttles & grips.

Out of habit, been using them even on DIY builds.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Purty awesome, El Linko. I hate the stock, kit throttles & grips.

Out of habit, been using them even on DIY builds.
I don't mind the stock 2-stroke throttles but I replace the grips with BMX foam grips, you can 'milk' one over the throttles plastic barrel with some warm water and dish soap.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Never tried the foam ones, KC. Sounds comfortable.
The plastic covers just feel so chincy and cheap to me. A quality cable is a big factor for me as well. The lil bit of extra smooth just makes for a better ride.

----------------

My all time favorite MB throttle came with the old Honda kits. (emmmm, Hondaaa)

It follows to all my daily riders. Has duel brake actuators, kill switch and a semi hard rubber grip sided by faux chrome.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Edit; I just found em all over the place. Google ~ Dual Brake Twist Throttle Kit ~
$20 to $25

I thought they had stopped making em.

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I found some cool billet throttle assemblies on ebay for around $30 and they don't come with grips so you could use any motorcycle or bicycle grip you want on them. I do like the foam BMX grips a lot too since they're cheap, comfortable, and easy to install or remove.

heliobikes

Vendor/Dealer
Oct 29, 2014
San Diego, CA.
We use the billet throttles from sickbikeparts.com. They are smooth and allow you to put whatever grip you want on them. More importantly, they are the right cable length for either 2 stroke or 4 stroke. The stock throttles are terrible. We have had a few bind up before....not good.