engine mounting ?

GoldenMotor.com

flathead31coupe

Nov 19, 2008
usa
i have a 50s firestone 26'' bike, that in the v shape where the engine will mount its 10'', is their a adapter to buy to make up the difference in length of the rear engine mount? if i go as low as i can it hits the sprocket

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Flathead, Welcome, Not Many Flat Heads Around. My First Car Was Model A 1928 Coupe. Let Us Know How The Build Go`s. You Will Get Much Help Here. YOU MAY NOT NEED ADAPTER Ron

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
That is the typical problem with "cruiser" style frames. Do some searching on the site and you will see many members have come up with solutions to your problem. The short answer is use the rear mount positioned where you want it and fabricate an extension for the front mount.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
31coupe,

Make a spacer that will go between the engine and the cast mount that comes with the engine. Buy grade 8 allen bolts to secure the whole assembly...front mount too!

The spacer will be nothing more than a block with two holes drilled in it...a simple fix!

Jim

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
31coupe,

For 99% of the installations Ghost0 and seca40 are right. The forward tube is typically too large on most bikes, making it impossible to directly bolt up the engine. Being that your frame will accomodate the front mount, I would opt to mount the front and adapt the rear with a spacer.

Jim

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Coupe,
Looks like you're pretty well covered with ideas and suggestions so I'll just take up the space to welcome you to the forum. Any Model 'A' driver is welcome here.
Tom