Boost Bottle Works -PROOF

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
You did a very good test that shows how the boost bottle subdues the pulse wave within the intake tract.

IMO the coolest thing about it is to tell people, yah, and I got boost bottle, too!

Will you post another vid when you fit you motor assisted bicycle with a tuned exhaust pipe?

Tnx
rc

Thunderhead289

Jul 2, 2013
an iowa corn field
im not sure if your mocking me or not, but I notice that with the bottle I can have my carb idle speed on top adjusted way down and run a richer mixture more effectively which has resulted in better pull in the top end. just my observations over the last 1400 miles.

IMO the pipe detracts from the overall look of the bike, I boosted my compression by shaving my head down and drilled a few more holes inside the baffling of the exhaust for better flow due to the higher compression and experienced very good results while still retaining a good look. - I have replaced my needle bearing due to the extra beating though. . .

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Cool decoration for those who like it for sure, all my bikes idle and run great without the boost bottle gizmo, the most powerful and fastest china girl engines I've seen done by high end builders dont use the boost bottle stuff..... hmmmmmm!

But as it shows in the video it does make a nice difference in idlewhen the idle adjustment is turned way down, if he would just open the slide a bit more that lets in more fuel which is all the boost bottle set up is doing, its scavenging a bit of fuel as the engine is running and then allowing it to be fed back in, I suppose that is a help at odle but see no mid to upper rpm gains to be had with it, this being said it may actually help a stock engine on the low end a bit by balancing out the mixture a bit of carb is tuned well for it....

I've seen this video before and it was well made and interesting.

Map reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
im not sure if your mocking me or not, but I notice that with the bottle I can have my carb idle speed on top adjusted way down and run a richer mixture more effectively which has resulted in better pull in the top end. just my observations over the last 1400 miles.

IMO the pipe detracts from the overall look of the bike, I boosted my compression by shaving my head down and drilled a few more holes inside the baffling of the exhaust for better flow due to the higher compression and experienced very good results while still retaining a good look. - I have replaced my needle bearing due to the extra beating though. . .
Replacing the upper bearing is always a good idea in my opinion, its one of the most common points of failure in the china girl engines, adding a few extra holes in stock pipe does help with flow and something tbat makes it even better is to grind a taper around inside of the gasket flange so that it is better matched to the exhaust port.

Glad your bike is doing so well, 1400 miles shows you have a good strong engine that is being well taken care of.

Map reddd

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
im not sure if your mocking me or not,. . .
I would not do that.
It is considered to be bad form, in the land of forums, and would quite possibly generate an unhappy message from a moderator.

This board is maintained in a high spirited and very friendly manner, for benefit of all.

That being said, I am NOT a proponent of the Boost Bottle, even though I am aware that at least one major manufacturer of first line two stroke dirtbikes has used a device similar to that on production models.

When I do have a disagreement with someones presentation, engineering, or workmanship, it is usually regarding a safety issue and I will explain my point of view precisely, and why the fault should be corrected.

Since our threads are generally conducted in a roundtable format, I try to begin any adverse position I may have with an IMO, and suggest readers seek a 2nd opinion.

I been around the block a few times, but certainly don't know it all!

Good luck with that boost bottle!
There's been quite a bit of discussion on them.
Your presentation was good, though I suspect the jury is still out.
:)
rc

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
2 strokes are controlled with fuel just as much as air. By squeezing the line closed you're running it super rich, not lean. Lean will make it idle super high, not low.

Thunderhead289

Jul 2, 2013
an iowa corn field
it goes to the point of being so lean that it cuts it out very quickly as it does not get enough to fire properly, it almost the same as shutting the fuel off. trust me its on the lean side. before I leaned the idle mix screw down id actually get a backfire out the carb side(blew carb right off once) by holding the bottle line. the only way to get a backfire out the carb side is a lean condition.

if I was viewing this from an outsiders perspective I would see it the same way as you if I didn't know what I know about my particular set up.

also, I believe the boost bottle power gains are negligible, though I do see a fuel efficiency increase. it seems that I am into the throttle much less then the first 200 miles i ran the bike without it.

it seems that there are varying opinions as on many performance alterations. i believe this to be the fun in it all as everyone always has different set ups. keeps things very interesting!

btw, .crt. this smiley thing is hilarious. confusous say children who ride behind motorized bike get exhausted

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
The hazard about running the bike that lean is the longevity, but you've got almost 1500mi so idk what to think.

However, IMO, it also comes down to cost. Is the fuel savings going to be THAT much to warrant the cost of a $20 or so boost bottle, that has really zero gains in performance? Likely not.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Thunderhead289, can we try this?

Since you do seem to be very interested in the Boostbottle, could you find dyno results for us to look at that show an increase in power, which of course would lead to improved fuel economy.

IMO, the boost bottle will somewhat mediate the intake pulse.
Honestly, I don't know if that is good or bad!
A carb would like to see a smooth, un-interrupted flow.
But the combustion chamber... well that's a different story.
It's port timed, and that also causes an interruption when nothing can happen with the fuel charge.

Your vid shows raw fuel which has dropped out of the vapor state and is running down the interior walls of the device, from where it will be, well, just kinda droozled haphazardly back into the intake tract from where it began as vapor.

Hmmmm. It might just make fuel economy worse!
Interesting to give this more thought.

If you have access to quality video equipment, I'd like to see if it eliminates the intake spit that port timed 2 strokes have.
Is your air cleaner wet with raw fuel? Like mine is?

Yup. A fancy dyno run would give the information I'd like to have...

Best
rc

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Your carb is adjusted to run with it...not saying its good or bad but..that hose could be up ones nose and you could adjust for that....question then is...is a snozola good? Would an elephant have an edge?

Thunderhead289

Jul 2, 2013
an iowa corn field
i believe you could honestly use a tabasco bottle for the same deal. i believe its size sensitive for some reason. i don't think its all too lean until i clinch off the line. iv had my head off to plane it and all looks healthy inside.

rustycase- id love to see the same things! like i mentioned above all seems to be healthy inside and she makes good smooth power. the plug reads a good ratio. its not that im interested, its just something to dink with, the pos carbs on these engines seem to like the uninterrupted vacuum. my filter still gets wet, but not near as bad as it did before. id like to play with a ram air design on the bike to see what that would do. i usually am playing with rowdy SBFs with double pumpers.

Thunderhead289

Jul 2, 2013
an iowa corn field
Your carb is adjusted to run with it...not saying its good or bad but..that hose could be up ones nose and you could adjust for that....question then is...is a snozola good? Would an elephant have an edge?
well, it ran on the other settings, but it idled very high, higher than i wanted so i had to turn it down to idle at the same speed as it did before without it. same idle with less throttle percentage makes me think its somewhat more efficient.

possibly, i prefer llama snoz myself

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
In the world of modern vehicles,, a DYNO does not show for short and long term fuel trims. For instance how it might act going up or down in elevation 500/800 feet and how it recovers through twist and turns in all of these such elements.

I vote DYNO but use a phone app perhaps. They have some good ones out too! Shoot just plain ol seat of the pants method. lawls

I know that Boost Bottle will add a little bit of an edge as I had the same bottle set up and the tubing is even set up very close to the same. Gosh get a well tuned pipe and that can surpass everything OP has seen so far.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Here's the facts:
1) if your engine is set up right , you can chuck the jug.
2) get a reed kit , and then you'll see what metering fuel is really about !
3) no engine kit comes with one .
4) you don't see him at the racetrack !!