Another MotoDromo Cycles build Coors #9

GoldenMotor.com

jazz87

Oct 25, 2009
San Jose, Ca
Hello again,

Here is another build I just finished. This one was for a vintage nascar collector, so he wanted a bike to match his Bill Elliot Coors #9 Ford. I used the skyhawk GT2-A aluminum frame (awesome btw! and insanely light!!), the Pirate Cycles Kip Springer chain tensioner which also works better than I expected, and some uber sticky Resist Nomad tires rated to 80psi!! at 26x2.25. Hope you like it. I also shot this short video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ex-5mrWEsA
Cheers,
Jasper

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
That's a great looking build with lots of attention to detail Jazz!

Did the customer not want a front brake?
Also, I'm curious to see how the speedo holds up, I've went through 3 of the analog type.

Last edited:

jazz87

Oct 25, 2009
San Jose, Ca
That's a great looking build with lots of attention to detail Jazz!

Did the customer not want a front brake?
Also, I'm curious to see how the speedo holds up, I've went through 3 of the analog type.
Thanks darkhawk, Im all about the detail :) Nope, el dudeo didnt want a front brake, hes ridden lots of bikes and says he fine with just he coaster brake.
I had a Stewart Warner speedo on another motorized bike I used as a daily driver and I clocked about 800 real miles over 2 years with it with no problems... This cheap Pyramid one may be different.. dont scare me bro lol
Cheers.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Sorry to disappoint but Bill Elliott raced in the 80's, he won the indy500 in this awesome Ford.
I believe you mean the Daytona 500? Bill never competed in the Indy series. In 2002 Bill did win the Brickyard 400 driving for Ray and Dodge which is at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

jazz87

Oct 25, 2009
San Jose, Ca
I believe you mean the Daytona 500? Bill never competed in the Indy series. In 2002 Bill did win the Brickyard 400 driving for Ray and Dodge which is at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Durp. that was a silly mistake, especially with the pic of his "NASCAR" right below my post... Thanks for trolling :) :)