My Victa Lawnmower powered 167CC Turbo

GoldenMotor.com

SP2333

Sep 19, 2008
This is the second Victa Lawnmower powered BMX im building. This one is quite different tho. As im Using a turbocharger also. My first 125CC was a complete success. You can check out the vids on youtube. But the best is my buildup of the 167CC TURBO you can check out the full build so far at the forum link...

Link to build up..
AusRotary.com • View topic - Victa 160cc TURBO bike buildup thread ( Actually 167CC)

You tube vids of my 125CC.
YouTube - Victa 125CC First start after Rebuild

My 125CC went well so imagine the 167CC performance....
YouTube - Victa 125CC BMX Test 2

Last edited:
hey there
you are obviously an awesome craftsman & that thing looks awesome :)
I believe that turbo is a TE05 12B from a saab ... it was intended to run a 2 litre engine
I doubt the 2 stroke will actually make any boost with it
I definatly dont mean to be a jerk but I tune for a living ....
I can probably get you hooked up with a turbo that will actually work on that engine but you will have to take out almost all the overlap to get the engine to run on boost or you will probably blow all the fresh air & fuel rite out the pipe
all my contact info is at
Jak Stoll Performance
if you need any advice or technical help on turbocharging I am an expierenced tuner with 26 years in the automotive trade
have a great weekend
JAK

SP2333

Sep 19, 2008
Thanks Jak, These engines are piston port type, no reed valves or anything. Its a bit of an experiment. Yes i agree it is way too big but from initial testing i think it may spin it up with enough load and distance at full throttle, The rev limit has been removed with the use of a nissan coil, so it will rev alot higher than a lawn mower. Check the first fire up vid, If you look close at the compressor it spins it with the slighest fire. When i was testing the ignition just spinning it over with a drill it was turning the compressor it easy, Im yet to fit the carburettor to the inlet of the turbo .But as i say its not meant to be super serious, I just like making stuff. Im a fitter Machinist.

YouTube - Victa 167CC TURBO ignition test and first kick

Sep 19, 2008
Looks awesome! I am keeping up with your progress on the other forum, but I have one question on my mind. How are you going to keep the internals lubricated? This motor was designed to be mounted 90 degrees from the way you have it mounted now. I am a novice when it comes to small engines so I hope this isn't a silly question.
Thanks