80cc 2 stroke kits

GoldenMotor.com

OMAHA

Jul 12, 2010
NEBRASKA
Hey Yall,

I have my frame just about ready to go,
but I have been dragging my heels about the engine kit.

I would like to know what company is most suggested?

I have had my eye on the "stinger" motor bike kit its on the right side of the ads near the bottom. .
is it any good?

it says $119 but the website says something around $135?

thanks for the help

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I got that engine a different site owned by the same guy. It came carefully packaged, nothing broken. It ran well the first time I started it, no big problems. This seems like a good engine, the customer support is okay. Check out all the ads before you buy, you might find a better engine that your willing to spend more money on(black engine, slanted head, even a four-stroke).

I hear good stuff about thatsdax.com

BTW what frame do you have?

Good Luck

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
For the best, find Morini. Italian 2-stroke engine, costs 'bout $600(or so I hear).

Most 2-strokes you'll find will be chinese, cheaper price and quality.

Someone's signature said "Good, fast, cheap. Pick two, 'cause you can't get all three".

OMAHA

Jul 12, 2010
NEBRASKA
Has anyone ever gotten a dud motor?
I've been fighting with this engine to work for months. .
& its all not adding up. .

maybe there is a problem with the magneto? anyone heard of anything like that?

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I think I've got a dud motor. Grubee GT5-2 from gasbikes. Ran find for about 90 miles then started giving me problems. It came with the famous defective carb. I just replaced it an no luck yet.

OMAHA

Jul 12, 2010
NEBRASKA
Ok, so right now I've been adjusting the flower nut with the clutch because when I go to pedal its very hard to pedal and it turns over every now & then & then locks up the back tire. . . has anyone had this go on?

ruppster

Mar 3, 2010
maine
You might be hydro locked if it won't spin over. If your float needle is leaking it will fill the bottom end with fuel mix and essentially sieze it. Does it leave a wet spot under the exhaust? Take the spark plug out and see how it peddles with the clutch out. See if the plug is sparking while your at it.
Basic law of internal combustion engines #1proper air/fuel mix #2 compression (100 psi or more) #3 ignition at the proper time, and exhaust. If your missing any one of these it will not run.
You'll have to do systematic trouble shooting. Always start with the basic simple stuff! Does it have gas to the carb, is the carb clean and not flooding the motor out.Are all your manifolds tightened. Get a quality spark plug and wire and see if you have spark.I've seen champions spark outside the motor but not spark under compression on many occasions. Disconnect the kill switch to see if that's shorting out the electrical. If the motor isn't turning over properly then you have a diferent set of problems. There's a trouble shooting thread on this forum, look it up and follow it.