schwin spedo

GoldenMotor.com

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.
I bought a spedo for my bike and it doesn't work. Without the motor running it works fine. I suspect its from the coil. I read their's a resistor plug and wire available but all the sites i've searched don't seem to carry them. Where can I find these. .shft.Thanks Bob Mac

caprirs302

Jul 6, 2009
Home
Is that the $10 one from wal-mart? It works fine on my bike. The only problem I had was that it would reset itself everytime I started the motor during the colder months. In the summer there are no problems. I would try rerouting the wires away from the coil, and mounting the speedo as far away as possible from the engine. You are getting electrical interference.

If all else fails, get an EMP blocker from Radio Shack.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Try pressing down on the speedo when the motor's running. Sometimes mine would lose contact with the base because of vibration.

caprirs302

Jul 6, 2009
Home
EMP is "electro magnetic pulse" It's kind of like one of those star wars-star trek weapons that they always talk about that will knock out communications or weapons, except that it really exists. on your bike it is a very small scale, but its enough to screw up your speedo.

Basically you are getting interference from the magneto on the motor. An emp blocker (or suppressor) will shield the cable on your speedo from the electro magnetic pulses.

If you want a better explanation you will have to visit this new webpage that I designed (been working on it for years...) Google it knows just about everything (^)

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
If you've got some sort of portable radio, just hold it near the running bike. It'l start to make all kinds of strange sounds.

Kind of like old-school morse code.

EDIT: hmm.. sorry I couldn't help more..

Last edited:

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.
Everybody keeps posting about a resistor plug yet my searches of nearly a dozen bike sites reveals no resistor plugs for sale. Just where exactly am I to get a resistor plug