Howdy!

GoldenMotor.com

OBX Fisherman

Jun 13, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Just signed up last night, been lurking around for a week or so reading posts and informing myself about these bikes and various engine kits. I'm hoping to build a bike eventually to commute to work on (only 4 miles) I've got an old GT Mtn bike that would work and be pretty straight forward conversion... but I really like the looks of the cruiser style bikes and especially the vintage racers! I'd really like to build a cruiser with the classic curves and the springer front, but equip it modem items like disc brakes.

I'm currently doing a "restification" on a 1962 Jeep CJ-5. I've stretched the frame 14" and eventually the tub as well. I'm going to build a 4 link suspension for it, run Toyota axles, transfer cases and transmission, all connected to a modern Vortec V6. I want it to be a well equipped rock crawler I can still drive around once in a while!

As you can tell, I like older vehicles, with modern running gear!

Thanks!

Gary

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey Gary, Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. I like the cruiser style bikes best. I motorized a Schwinn Jaguar. I'm building a boardtrack racer type bike. I guess this building stuff is just in some folks blood. Be sure to post pics of you build as you progress on it. Glad you joined us......................

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
hello, Gary!

yeah, i like the cruiser style bikes too. i was gonna start with an old diamond frame MB, but i found a Schwinn Jaguar at a Goodwill store for cheap. look around the site, though, because some of these guys have built some really cool stuff with the more angular frames.

sounds like you've got the skills to build a nice motored bike with no problem!

OBX Fisherman

Jun 13, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Thanks for the welcome! I've been looking around here and I've discovered some really nice bikes that have been built!

We'll I guess I'm committed to this now.... I scored a 1958 Schwinn Jaguar frame on ebay the other night!! I visited most of the Goodwill stores in my area with no luck. This frame should make a great base for my project!! I'll post some pics of it when it arrives later this week.

Gary