Help me pick!

GoldenMotor.com

HBfisherman

Jan 5, 2010
Huntington Beach
Alright, someone please recommend a motor and a place to get it from. Im tired of looking and cant seem to find out whats diffrent from this company and that company. I want to place an order before noon time here so hopefully it ships out today. I am looking for a motor that will fit my bike and I want it in black. I can't seem to find out if these kits come with adapters to will mount to my bike. I need expert help!

Thanks

Caramanos2000

Aug 14, 2009
Puerto Rico
I bought a Boy Go Fast 80cc Black/Slant head kit off ebay for $101, and I must say im super impressed with the quality. Good clutch lever, dished straight sprocket, nice paint on the engine etc. I would recommend them also as they answered my emails quickly. Im sure you could get something better but this is my first and to start out, im more than happy.

rcflier500

Nov 15, 2009
Upland, Ca
For california i purchased a kit from Daemon Bikes in Canada, $130 in the end. Thatsdax.com will also ship to california.

When you get it finished PM me and we can go riding! Im down in irvine a lot.

As for the mount i made the $2 dollar hockey puck mount that can be found on this site. The universal mount will also work for this type of frame though not as great as you might like.

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Alright, someone please recommend a motor and a place to get it from. Im tired of looking and cant seem to find out whats diffrent from this company and that company. I want to place an order before noon time here so hopefully it ships out today. I am looking for a motor that will fit my bike and I want it in black. I can't seem to find out if these kits come with adapters to will mount to my bike. I need expert help!

Thanks
HB,

Whats your down tube diameter? Grubees have a 1.25" front mount and Pk's have a 1.55 inch front mount. Pk's have more power but proper fitment is first and foremost. Extra power does no good if its not harnessed properly. If a grubee fits get that one and then do some mods for the extra pony's. If a Pk fits get that. Whatever you do don't use the supplied large frame adapter and drill your frame like the grubee kit recommends you to do.

Hope this helps.
Justin

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
get one from Norm at Venice motor bikes, just like those other guys said. he loves schwinns, he's done plenty of installs on frames just like yours, and he's (semi) local.

when your done, you can even go riding with him (and the rest of us) on our monthly rides...

HBfisherman

Jan 5, 2010
Huntington Beach
Im looking for a Black motor, venice only has the polished. Deamon bikes has the black and I ordered and payed and got an email today saying that they don't ship to CA which I know people on this board that have got theres that live in CA, so now I dont know what to do. Maybe its not meant to be.

rcflier500

Nov 15, 2009
Upland, Ca
that is so weird. I purchased from them not a month ago and had no issue whatsoever.

All i can say is to get the silver one and then paint it black with some engine block paint.

There are a few that dont say anything about california on their websites and sell the black ones. All i can say if to search yahoo for engines and then search california with CTRL+F and then if it looks clear just email them.