Scwinn O.C.C. Motor Mount

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I had to join the club and purchase a Schwinn O.C.C. bike off craigslist. Since this will take an entirely different motor mount I started looking around to see what was out there. I saw Barry's on e-bay and it looked like it would definitely do the job. But I am really big on making most of my parts from 6061 Aluminum. And I also avoid drilling holes in the frame and welding when ever I can.
This one is 1/2 inch aluminum plate, machined on the bottom side to fit the frame radius.It will be fastened with 2 1/2" U clamps, and the aluminum studs, that the motor will bolt to will be fastened from the bottom with 3/8 inch flat head allen bolts.
Probably add a little rubber for vibration.

John

Attachments

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
good job! looks nice! there is just something about the OCC bikes that I just dont like! and that is , there small , too cramped , but too each his own . I have a few choppers that I built using the componets from the OCC stingray. I built my own frame that Fit me. the thing is , if I had Known Then what I Know Now , I would have made a little different to accept a bicycle motor! I had the mind to mount a 5 hp briggs on one , Mrs. Filestyle came into the shop , had one look at the mock up and said " that dont look safe" and so then I thought that somehow she is right and I passed up the oppurtunity to make my motorized chopper. Here are a few pics of just some of my choppers. but when I do decide on the FileStyleCustoms Chopper for my next build it will definatly have a motor to it! I will send a updated pic of my PurpleHaze Chopper

(c)

Attachments

BerettaCC

Apr 20, 2010
Johannesburg S.A.
Hi .. I am looking for a mount for my Copper .. See my intro post.. Here in S.A. We don't have any builders.. Or options.. Would you consider selling me a Alu mount..
If you do could you quote me on one.. .. Pls include shipping to S.A.

lilyzdad

May 23, 2010
davenport, ia
I had to join the club and purchase a Schwinn O.C.C. bike off craigslist. Since this will take an entirely different motor mount I started looking around to see what was out there. I saw Barry's on e-bay and it looked like it would definitely do the job. But I am really big on making most of my parts from 6061 Aluminum. And I also avoid drilling holes in the frame and welding when ever I can.
This one is 1/2 inch aluminum plate, machined on the bottom side to fit the frame radius.It will be fastened with 2 1/2" U clamps, and the aluminum studs, that the motor will bolt to will be fastened from the bottom with 3/8 inch flat head allen bolts.
Probably add a little rubber for vibration.

John

would u be interested in selling a completed occ bike?

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
would u be interested in selling a completed occ bike?
I just sold my last two O.C.C. Bikes to a guy from Lincoln, Neb. last week. He drove over and loaded them up and took them back. I don't plan on building any more for a while. Probaly not till next winter.I am kind of burnt out on building bikes for a while.

John