ebike

GoldenMotor.com

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Has anyone hooked a head light into the wire harness.My ezip has 24volt system,is their a 12volt wire that could be used.HARLEYS DAD

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I pulled a controller off a scooter that My grand daughter out grew. It had a headlight wired onto it. I did not check to see if the voltage was 12 or 24 volts I should have.

Do you have any spare wires coming off your controller. If so I would shove a multi meter on them to see. I wonder what the voltage of that bulb was on th scooter. It might be 24.

So my answer has to be, I have no idea.

I took a quick look on google and evidently there is a 24volt headlight bulb so there must be a 24volt headlight on those scooters. Tapping a wire for a feed should be pretty easy.

Last edited:

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
Just looking at the wire gauge's. I would have to say there is no 12v source in the in there. There is only 10 gauge for the 24v battery pack and and 20+ gauge for miscellaneous in there. You could put a plug in the side of your battery pack connected to one of the batteries. But that would case one of the batteries to have less of a charge. That could be an issue, I know know if it would do any harm or not. You could however hook both batteries to the plug and run 24v safely. If you find that having an imbalanced charge could cause a problem. Of course, doing so would greatly reduce an already poor range. I don't know if the connectors in the pic are rated for that type of application, they are for chargers. I just had the pic and used an as a visual aide. Do you really want to open the wiring up? I think the best thing is to get a Bell headlight and rechargeable batteries. I had a Schwinn light and surprisingly it was not of the quality I expected from Schwinn. I had the wiring open anyhow to run a couple of batteries in the basket to desalinate them. I'm waiting on jumpers to do so. While I have the wiring out I'm going to try to figure what is the PAS and Kill switch and disconnect them. I can't run the Kill switch now with the Rapid Fire's now anyway. The PAS is just an annoyance. But I digress........

.elec. DSCF4633.JPG

DSCF4635.JPG

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
why not just pick up one of those bike generator things with a light. I don't use mine at night or I would.

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
The generator lights are OK. I had one an a bike I bought out of a trunk in St. Louis for 20 bucks when I was 12. I had a few issues with it. It only ran bright when I was going fast. Not a problem with MB's.
No light when not moving. The thing was difficult to get to ride right on the tire.

I don't know if this will help Doc or not. But eventually, after they are desalinated, I want to use one of my many 12v 10ah batteries to run a lighting system. I started a parts list, but it was based on a 24v relay. There are 12v relays just the site I was on didn't have them at the time so it was not listed.
All the other parts are also available in 12v. With that in mind here it is:

Horn, lights, and turn signal switch cluster Item # SWT-30 $17.95
24 Volt Turn Signal Flasher Relay Item # RLY-542 $4.95
24V 10W Headlight Bulb Item # BLB-2410 $3.95
24V 15W Headlight Bulb Item # BLB-2415 $4.95
Side Mount Turn Signal With 24V Bulb item # LIT-512 $9.95
Side Mount Turn Signal With 12V Bulb item # LIT-524 $9.95
24 Volt Scooter Horn # HRN-24 $5.95
2-1/2" Chrome Plated Tail Light With Red Lens Item # LIT-R727 $9.95
Compatible with the following bulbs:
24V 10W Headlight Bulb (BLB-2410)
40V (36V) 10W Headlight Bulb (BLB-3610) (couldn't find bulbs)

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I spoke with currie tec. today amd they said not to wire anything into it.The controler will think something is wrong and shut down.I was also told their is a new li-ion and nimh comeing out mid summer for the ezipHD

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
I spoke with currie tec. today amd they said not to wire anything into it.The controler will think something is wrong and shut down.I was also told their is a new li-ion and nimh comeing out mid summer for the ezipHD
I got Li-Ion's fitted to a pack! They will ship Friday! 2 24v 10ah in the same pack wired in parallel for 24v 20ah! Now ya tell me LOL! I just hope its more than $800 or a least less ah, so I wont feel so bad!

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
use a 18v cordless tool battery and quick 1hr charger.$40
hook 2 12v car or trailer lights in serial to = 24v.$12
inline fuse and on/off switch or dimmer.$5
many many hours of lighting power(mine worked for days)
plus you can buy extra batteries for $20
my battery is still working great after a year of recharging every few days.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Doc how does the battery attach to the controller. I know there is a battery pack but is it wired to the controller or is it a solid connection. . I guess what I am asking is could you bypass their pack and use one of your own.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
It has 2 brass spring loaded poles on each side,when you slide the pack in. it makes a conection.It comes with a rubber dust plug to seal it if its not in use.You could bypass them and put a 5 pole trailer plug in their place.HD