Adding rear disk to cruiser frame?

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Cross posting my question from the ebike section for a little more exposure. I have a Felt "Taxi" bike with ~ 130mm dropouts and was going to use just regen from a Magic Pie rear hub motor. But Im wondering if there might be a bolt on option someone around here might know about for adding a rear disk caliper. Heres what the dropout area looks like. I DO NOT wanna weld on this beautiful frame. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Fantastic build Norm!! I'll most likley be using cable calipers like you ended up with. Question: Is there a lot of screwing around trying to get the adapter/hanger/caliper/disk combo to play nice togather??

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Fantastic build Norm!! I'll most likley be using cable calipers like you ended up with. Question: Is there a lot of screwing around trying to get the adapter/hanger/caliper/disk combo to play nice togather??
It all went together pretty easy... The flat caliper bracket didn't need any side to side adjusting to put the caliper exactly where it needed to be. (^)

I might still have a few of them in the back of my shop... PM me if you want one?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks Norm! I have one coming from MotoMags. I might hit you up for advice though once the wrenches start flying.