Should I Buy armor Tires?

GoldenMotor.com

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
Hi, i was thinking about buying armor tires because i had bad luck yesterday, Im going back too the bicycle shop tomorrow too get a price, Would they have too special order i say yes and is it really worth it?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The best flat preventative is a set of extra-thick thorn resistant tubes. The armored tires are not worth the money from my experience. If you want total tire reliability, combine the belted tires with the thick tube. Expect serious prices for good flatproof tires though.
The tubes are $15-20 BUCKS. The tires are $50-100 and up.
I have used Bontrager and Specialized flat resistant tires and both were prone to spinning on the rim and tearing valve stems out on motorized bikes. They are very sensitive to low tire pressure.

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
The best flat preventative is a set of extra-thick thorn resistant tubes. The armored tires are not worth the money from my experience. If you want total tire reliability, combine the belted tires with the thick tube. Expect serious prices for good flatproof tires though.
The tubes are $15-20 BUCKS. The tires are $50-100 and up.
I have used Bontrager and Specialized flat resistant tires and both were prone to spinning on the rim and tearing valve stems out on motorized bikes. They are very sensitive to low tire pressure.
Oh okay,I was at wal-mart today and i sas armor tires for $19.99, I bought taillights skateboard helmont and front lights and a intertube from the bike shop but thanks for letting me know.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Chainstore tires are worth what you paid.
The REAL brands are more than $20 bucks.
Just my experience.