Rotary Kart racing engine link

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
http://www.renntechkarting.com/products_xr50.html
I would love to see one of these bullets in a build. Look at those torque and HP curves!
I'm seeing a turbo race motor with the same kind of awesome shriek at full throttle as the wankel mazda's mill. Do something like the exhaust on a radial wrapped around to a hairdryer...glowing cherry red at WFO...raising the hair on the cat five miles away....
Anyone got $20k burning a hole in their bank account?

Last edited:

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
http://www.renntechkarting.com/products_xr50.html
I would love to see one of these bullets in a build. Look at those torque and HP curves!
I'm seeing a turbo race motor with the same kind of awesome shriek at full throttle as the wankel mazda's mill. Do something like the exhaust on a radial wrapped around to a hairdryer...glowing cherry red at WFO...raising the hair on the cat five miles away....
Anyone got $20k burning a hole in their bank account?
One of the guys that is behind those engine's design used to be a pretty good friend. We have lost touch over the past few years though. It is a great little engine. But, yes it is pricey....

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
One of these on a bike would be awesome, de-tuned of course.

If they could make it a little smaller, high output alternator, would be perfect for a electric/gas hybrid.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The wankel has a sound unlike anything else on earth! I'd love to hear one of these german mills at full song....

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Norton has a history of rotary motorcycles, it would be great if there was a cheaper mini rotary out there for us to use. I'm very familiar with them from their use in race cars and they are a reliable engine for continuou full throttle redline operation.