The way i roll down under

GoldenMotor.com

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
i got another upgrade picture. i got the handel bars bak today so i installed the front brakes and the throttel. but i have needed to order a new clutch cable due to the end fraying and i cant thready in throght the engine mount for it:(

any way i still got to get that and some new rear brakes. then a new chain clip for the bicycle chain and need to bolt on to sprocket the rear wheel.
so as soon as i get the clutch cable ill be rideing FINALY again.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Sweet BB. Really like the spill proof gas cap. I wan't to do the same thing with a brass "pig-tail"

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
That's a VERY interesting sticker on the cover....Honda Racing with a backward wing logo and a Harley 45cu. in. flathead engine....

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
thanks. im thinking of putting some graphics onto the frame or tank. but im thinking and looking around what would look best. any idears???

The sticker was bought off ebay for $2 :p

hey dan what do u mean when u say pig tail? are you talking bout the "breather hose"??

Cheers
Duncan

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
What's the breather hose for on the tank anyway? Let it pull in air without spilling all over? If that's the case, what I was thinking of doing is use a short piece of airline tubing, and use an aquarium check valve. It would let air in the tank, but not let anything out.

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
yer when i first got the motor the sucktion in the tank would stop the flow of fuel so i drilled a hole in the cap and just to make it more like a real dirt bike put some fuel line out the top like that. iv actully cut it down a little so its not as long as what it is in the pic.

yer not to worried bout getting stuff in the tank because i got the filter where the valve is and also a inline fuel filter.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
hey dan what do u mean when u say pig tail? are you talking bout the "breather hose"?
Yes Duncan, Just the same as you have done there but with brass spiraled like a pig tail. With a long neck maybe even internally. Externally, could be polished brass. Drives me nutz not being able to use the full capacity of the stock tanks with out spilling fuel.

Again, great build Duncan and nice mod!

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
well hello again.
I made a fair bit of headway today on my MB. re wired a cheap $2 hong kong bike speedo and got it working. and put on a rear rack carrier on the bak of my bike. im just wating for my rear wheel to come now and the bike will be bak on the road and better then ever.

Hope u like it!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Lookin' good BB! The paint job is awesome. Good clean build

David, I been thunking about that for a good bit. You are right a "Air admittance valve" would be cool and work great. In trying to design one, I seem to over complicate a simple matter and come up with things like this STUDOR MINI-VENT Air Admittance Valve, 1-1/4" - 2" when a simple tube would suffice. But love your idea of an intrinsic check valve. That is with out a doubt the least complicated way for me to over complicate a simple matter, snork.

Last edited:

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
thanks guys for the responce.
Yer the bikes been off the road for a while now and i dont realy wana make it any longer. The fuel tank always worked well that way so. if it aint broke dont fit it.

But thats for the advice maby ill have a look at it later on.
Cheers
Duncan