Connecting rod offset on an HT bicycle engine

GoldenMotor.com

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
The theory is that if the connecting rod is offset from the center of the crank by a mere additional 2mm or 3mm, then there's an increase in torque and engine displacement and probably compression. It would also clear the transfer ports and exhaust ports, so an increase in flow of gases would also increase. But thicker gaskets might have to be used depending on the length of the barrel or if the piston overshoots the barrel, but I doubt it. I already have this kind of customized crank, but have not assembled the engine yet. The nice thing about this is that everything looks the same from the outside but the power and torque could be a big difference. So a 66cc HT can become 72cc. I don't think there would be any timing issues, since it's only 2mm, but rpm might be reduced. What do you all think about this set up?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
Re: Connecting rod offset on an HT

so is that how they beat the bairdco and piston bike stockers? did you know this when you put them in that class? seems to me they should be racing 9-12 hp 50cc morinis.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

so is that how they beat the bairdco and piston bike stockers? did you know this when you put them in that class? seems to me they should be racing 9-12 hp 50cc morinis.
Piston Bikes stocker??? LOL
Who the **** are you kidding?
Piston Bikes has won the 66 cc 2 stroke race a few times and
they are spending a lot of money building their race motor.

The rules in the 66 cc class has been NO RULES, IE anything goes
as long as you at least keep the cases.
This is up for discussion in the future races and I don't think that
Arrow Motorized Cycles will be at bairds race because they are
moving home and shop this month. Their website is shut down.

Magrider is also racing a reed valved Arrow Motorized cycles built motor.

This October 20th they will be racing 11 hp Morinis and 200cc HF motors
in the Ultimate Race of all the classes if they don't blow up.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca

gee, sorry neil, i thought their were rules. that class is the best to watch for me. too bad morini is all but in the grave so...