Magrider builds race bike for brother

GoldenMotor.com

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Yes that is true & it should be some exciting racing.
Just a couple of pics from earlier. Been busy lately and still breaking in the engine.

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Thanks Jeff!! I have a handlebar mount for the GoPro so now I just have to Steve how to use it.

I just cleaned up the wires and ill have to take an updated picture of that too.

I haven't seen a GX120 race yet and we don't know how it's gonna perform on the track, I have 2 other jackshaft in sprockets and the correct chain length for each sprocket, so now Steve can change the gearing to his liking.
Thats great that Iceman's racing the 99cc, overall it should be a fun class to race in r.ly.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Rode the thing yesterday and went 1/2 throttle at 5070 rpm and went 34mph with this break in gear ratio. My brother did a awesome job modifying the frame and should handle pretty darn well on the track.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Sucks that you won't be making this race. I have a co worker that's been out for 4 weeks out milking the system with a sprained ankle and because of that I'm oncall that weekend but I'll be finding a way to get out of it!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Rode the thing yesterday and went 1/2 throttle at 5070 rpm and went 34mph with this break in gear ratio. My brother did a awesome job modifying the frame and should handle pretty darn well on the track.
Could this possibly mean that at full throttle it will be turning 11,400 rpm and doing 68mph? If so I'll be down-sizing to a GX-120 tomorrow. And to think I let my dad sell his hookah diving rig that had that very same engine.......grrrrrrr :D

My next build will be the re-build of the tandem with the electric start GX-160 that I've been putting off forever now lol.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Did someone say cranks.

The rule was 'functioning" pedals and those crank arms look too short
to "function" properly and be able to pedal your bike.

The only rules in the Midrange Class are.

Functioning pedals.
No Motorcycle tires.
No Motorcycle shifting motors.
Less than 8 HP

I have to say you were very creative to make those pedals and you get
the short crank award.

Please bring the other cranks you had on the bike because your short
cranks are too short to fit the rules.
I would really like to see you pedal those short cranks from the pits all
the way up the front straight back to your pit.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
What is it with all these critics about this bike!?!?!? First the jackshaft mount and now the cranks. Why do you care so much about these cranks, the cranks do function properly as if it is a regular bicycle.
It's your last race that your promoting before you give up and everyone has been talking behind our backs about the cranks and you post this 4 days before the race!! Hey thanks for the FYI!!!
Plus I don't even know why your telling me, I'm not going to be there this weekend because your original dates don't stick.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Very first race with this engine this past Saturday 4/13/13 at The Grange & my brother magrider took 1st place in the mid range class dance1 We had no idea how it would perform since its a new class & engine to us. I need to get it home so i can do a few minor adjustments and it should be good to go for the next race.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
buck0.....That bike looks really nice! I see that Labrat asked about your disc brake setup on the jackshaft. I understand how the parts go together that you listed, but how does the sbp shift kit come in to play? Im curious. I like the set up.

Thanks